Langenhahn, Germany – Norbert M. Doerner has released a new version of NeoFinder 6.4 (formerly known as CDFinder) with 64bit support, cataloging of OS X 10.9 Tags, new movie contact sheets, a QuickFind menu bar item, and much more.
NeoFinder makes it easier than ever to keep track of your digital files, photos, songs, movies, fonts on hard disks, USB sticks, server disks, Blu-ray disks, DVD-ROMs, CDROMs, and any other digital media. NeoFinder generates thumbnails and reads a lot of metadata during cataloging, for powerful search possibilities, smart folders, and more.
NeoFinder 6.4 includes:
* NeoFinder is now a 64bit application. This allows for a lot of more memory to be used to deal with large catalog databases!
* NeoFinder 6.4 has been certified to run in Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
* Cataloging now reads the new Finder Tags of Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (this even works all the way back to Mac OS X 10.6!)
* NeoFinder can now Find Duplicates in your database!
* The cool new Movie Contact Sheet generates a customisable preview of one or multiple selected movie files as graphic
* The Movie Contact Sheet also works for any arbitrary movie file you have selected in the Finder, using the NeoFinder Services menu!
* NeoFinder now catalogs Adobe XMP metadata, like keywords and descriptions, for movie files!
* The new NeoFinder Global QuickFind gives NeoFinder a place right in your menu bar, near the Spotlight search field!
* NeoFinder can now import Cache-A catalog XML files!
* A much improved memory engine increases overall application speed
* Apples new Map application in Mavericks is connected to the Map in NeoFinder now
* Massively improved MusicBrainz connection for cataloging Audio-CDs with better results for many disks
* That new MusicBrainz code can also read Cover Art of Audio-CDs, if it is available at coverartarchive.org
* NeoFinder can now catalog multiple Audio-CDs parallel, if you have multiple drives connected to your Mac
* ZIP archive files larger than 4 GB can now be cataloged as well
* The Inspector now shows cumulated sizes, and file and folder numbers if multiple catalogs are selected
* The Inspector displays a Lock icon for locked or write protected catalog files in your NeoFinder database
* You can now verify the FileCheck status for multiple selected files and folders at once
* NeoFinder can now also catalog “.mts” movie files, this requires ffmpeg to be installed
* A new FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) file parser that is faster and more stable
* A new deviceID file created during cataloging will make it easier for NeoFinder and abeMeda for Windows to properly detect the correct volumes and devices
* A new optional column displays the FileCheck value in List View
* Improved detection of volume kinds during cataloging
* NeoFinder is properly codesigned with a digital signature for improved security
* The column for the Total Items of catalogs now also displayed the sum of all items of all catalogs inside a catalog folder
* Improved the regex search feature for names (in Mac OS X 10.7 and newer)
* The StuffIt Deluxe archive cataloger is now more stable and works better
* Fixed a problem with the Roxio Toast integration if NeoFinder had to be launched with a large database
* Several catalog related features now handle the “catalog file is locked or write protected” situation better
* Using the latest Adobe XMP toolkit from CS6 for better compatibility with newer Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Movie files
* Fixed a problem with catalog folders containing a “/” in their name
* Fixed a problem with type select in List View
* Fixed a problem in the DiskCatalogMaker Importer, if the imported text file had a non utf8 encoding
* Fixed several possible crashes when cataloging FileCheck values on certain damaged disks
* Fixes a bug in Google Earth 7.x, where the AppleScript connection is really broken
Metadata – NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos, and also Adobe XMP. All these are clearly arranged in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
Integration – Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios.
Geotagging – Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays amazing facts about any geolocation in the Wikipedia Inspector.
Networking – Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1995, more than 59,000 customers in 95 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organise their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Requires Mac OS X v10.6, 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9 Mavericks
* Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions still available
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder 6 is a paid update to licensed users of CDFinder, update price starting at 19 Euros. Cross-grades for users of competing applications (DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, and more) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website, the price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users. NeoFinder 6.4 is a free update to all NeoFinder customers.
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the transcription software F5.app. Copyright (C) 1991-2013 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.