Sammamish, Washington – Juicy Bits, the makers of 5-star app Halftone, today announced its latest app, Layout, is now available on the App Store for iPad. Layout uses touch to split frames into sections and populate them with images from the photo library, Facebook, Instagram and Flickr. Photos are enhanced with built-in filters and effects, captions can be added to tell a story, and borders are styled using 100 built-in patterns. Layout supports sharing via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr, and projects can be stored in iCloud, making them easy to open on multiple iOS devices.
“One of the most common requests by users of our Halftone App has been the ability to arrange multiple photos on a single page,” says Mike Swanson, Founder of Juicy Bits. “After exploring many touch-first methods that take full advantage of iOS, we ended up creating an app that is incredibly useful on its own. We hope that Layout makes it quick and easy for customers to create photo arrangements that they’re proud to share with their family and friends.”
Layout introduces a unique radial menu that reduces finger travel distance when selecting commands. Because its center button reflects the prior selection, a quick double-tap can be used to repeat commands.
* iCloud support for sharing documents and settings with other iOS devices
* Ability to open photos and captions directly from Facebook, Flickr, and Instagram
* Automatic face detection for quick framing of individual faces and groups
* Customizable aspect ratios
* Templates that can be modified and saved for later use
* Undo and redo
* Snap points for precise border alignment
* Customizable captions that can be positioned and formatted with built-in fonts
* Photo editing tools from Aviary that include filters, effects, automatic enhancements, cropping, rotation, brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, and more
* 100 included border and background patterns
* Direct sharing via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr
* Wireless support for AirPrint-enabled printers
* Interactive tutorial
Pricing and Availability:
The Layout App is available for $2.99 from the App Store on iPad.
Founded in 2009, Juicy Bits is a small company that produces unique, freshly squeezed software for mobile devices. Their first release, 3D Camera, earned 4 1/2 mice (out of 5) from Macworld and is frequently among the top 100 photography apps worldwide. Their most recent app, Halftone, has over one million users and was named by Apple as one of the best photo apps of 2011. Copyright (C) 2009-2012 Juicy Bits. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.