Vilnius, Lithuania – Mobureau today is pleased to introduce NiteStand 1.0 – Alarm Clock, Weather & more!, free for iPad, its sleek app with a boldly modern alarm clock display in white numerals, set against dramatic photo backgrounds depicting present weather conditions: sun, rain, clouds, or snow. In either portrait or landscape orientation, NiteStand cleanly displays all the following: current time with seconds; current location with temperature and full weather data & forecast; day & date, 1 of 50,000 inspiring quotes from famous people; and daily horoscopes.
* Sleek, modern design
* Beautiful and simple interface
* Works in portrait and landscape mode
* Works in the background
* Works with the device screen off
* Retina-display ready – hi-res graphics and photographs
* Alarm settings – multiple and recurring alarms, multiple alarm sounds, wake up to your favorite music, configurable snooze
* Clock settings – 12 and 24 hour mode, current date
* Weather settings – beautiful weather conditions backgrounds, choose various locations, C and F mode, displays wind, pressure and humidity
* Quotes – library of 50,000 inspiring, insightful quotes from famous people
* Horoscopes – daily horoscopes for your zodiac sign
* Music player – play music tracks from your library
* Sleep timer – fall asleep to music
* Adjustable brightness of the display
* Built-in flashlight/nite-light
A vivid example of innovative, modern design, NiteStand takes the evolution of the iPad alarm clock to the next step. For example, center screen in very large, white numerals is the current time. In the space between hours and minutes, usually occupied by a flashing colon, is a small, vertical, numeric display of seconds ticking by. The app’s most important function, time, grabs the attention first. And if the user cares to pay closer attention, greater detail is available just by looking more carefully.
Touching the alarm icon, barely visible, opens a complete Edit Alarm window, where users can set the exact alarm time on the Apple picker/odometer display. Recurring alarms can be entered, as well as custom alarms for any weekday or weekend. Available are 10 alarm sounds, or users can choose to hear particular or random music from their library. Alarm volume, alarm fade in, and alarm labels are also user configurable. Beneath the alarm icon are icons for the music player and the sleep timer, which lets users fall asleep to music that turns itself off after a designated period.
The Settings panel lets users update weather every minute, every 30 minutes, or a choice of 6 other intervals up to 24 hours. Multiple locations can be entered, and users can set their zodiac sign and the interval between new quotes. An auto lock feature turns off the screen to save battery life, if necessary, while keeping the alarm armed. Double tapping the screen creates a convenient flashlight, and pinching the screen controls its brightness.
“I invite every iPad owner to download NiteStand free and enjoy all its many convenience features,” commented Egidijus Basys of Mobureau. “For those who appreciate beauty in all its forms, this is the alarm clock app for you.”
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 60.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
NiteStand 1.0 – Alarm Clock, Weather & more! is free (ad-supported) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. An ad-free version of the app is available as an in-app purchase for $1.99 (USD).
Based in Vilnius, Lithuania, Mobureau was founded by Egidijus Basys in 2011. Mobureau is a small independent company with a mission to create exceptional, unique, and high quality apps. Copyright (C) 2013 Mobureau. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.