London, United Kingdom – Independent publisher Nosy Crow is celebrating Penguin Awareness Day, on January 20th, with a weekend price drop on the App Store for its award-winning life science storybook app Rounds: Parker Penguin. For the weekend of January 18 – January 21 the app will cost $1.99 USD/Euro 1.59, reduced from its full price of $4.99 USD/Euro 3.99.
Combining narrative storytelling with lots of educational information and interactive fun, Rounds: Parker Penguin is a perfect way to learn more about the Antarctic species for the global annual Penguin Awareness Day. The app takes the reader through the stages of a penguin’s life from birth to parenthood, allowing a child to help Parker grow up, move around the Antarctic environment on land and in the water, hunt, avoid predators, march to his breeding ground, meet a mate, protect an egg and hatch a chick before starting all over again with Parker’s son.
Rounds: Parker Penguin has:
* Well-researched and accurate educational content
* An age-appropriate story told in accessible and carefully-chosen language
* Stylish but child-friendly graphics – the circular story is told using art made of circles and parts of circles
* Hundreds of interactive elements triggered by tapping, swiping and tipping the screen (tipping the screen helps Parker slide around the Antarctic slopes on his belly and dive into the water, for example)
* Hundreds of lines of dialogue voiced by child actors
* Rich animation (you can watch the penguins do their mating dance, for example)
* Original music by BAFTA award-winning composer, Robin Beanland
* Recipient of an Editor’s Choice Award from Children’s Technology Review
“Rounds: Parker Penguin and Penguin Awareness Day are a perfect match,” said Tom Bonnick, Digital Project and Marketing Manager for Nosy Crow. “This felt like a great occasion to celebrate with a promotion for the app – we hope it means that even more people will have fun learning about penguins with Parker.”
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 117 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Rounds: Parker Penguin 1.0.1 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Nosy Crow is a London-based children’s book and app publisher founded in 2010 by veterans of the children’s publishing industry working who brought on board experienced electronic games developers. It published 23 books/ebooks and three apps in 2011, and will publish 36 books/ebooks and nine apps in 2012. It was named Children’s Publisher of the Year at the 2012 Independent Publishing Awards. In the U.S. and Canada, the Nosy Crow imprint is published under the umbrella of Candlewick Press. In Australia and New Zealand, Nosy Crow partners with Allen and Unwin. Nosy Crow believes in encouraging children to read for pleasure, whatever reading material and whatever reading experience they choose. Copyright (C) 2013 Nosy Crow. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.