Los Angeles, California – Kidevice today is happy to announce an update to of their pioneering app, RealColor, created for iPhone and iPad. RealColor is the unique union of technology and color education. It uses the phone’s camera and objects in the child’s world, to introduce them to colors. Three fun activities introduce kids to color – from the basics to shades. The update allows users to record the names of the color in their own languages. Recorded versions are then used in the coloring books and games that the app offers.
The app is available for $0.99 USD at the iTunes app store. Highlights of the app include:
A Coloring book that allows colors to be picked up from around the surroundings, be it your back yard or grandma’s dress.
* Pick color from around your work by a simple touch
* Over 100 beautifully drawn pages to color
* Save the colored pages to your photo library
* Color names spoken in a professionally recorded voice
Find color challenges the child to find the colors indicated, making color identifying easier. Use it in your back yard or at the grocery stores – learning fun every where.
* Find the shown color from your surroundings
* A fun “seek” game
* Takes the abstraction out of the concept, and makes color understanding concrete for kids
* 3 levels designed to take the child from primary colors, to secondary colors, and on to tint and shade
* Collect found colors
* Keep the found color “alive” by finding it again
* Mix color lets children experiment by mixing colors from around them
* Choose colors from your surroundings, to mix
* An exciting educational game
* Pour colored slime over the character to create and see mixed colors
* Collect mixed colors
* Touch the collected colors to see the two colors you mixed to make that color
* Build your collections by finding and mixing colors
* Record Your Own Voice for the colors and make color learning happen in your own language
* Keep learning as you refill the characters to keep them awake
RealColor couldn’t exist anywhere else in any other time, medium or platform, other than the mobile handheld devices that it is designed for. The company hopes that RealColor brings real learning and joy to every little hand that plays with it.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 41.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
RealColor 1.1 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Kidevice is a Southern California based developer of apps. Its team has been involved with app development for children since the inception of apps. Their learning and research has led them to conclusions that have become their guide. Their mantra – “We believe we bring a totally awesome learning approach to the times we live in. We hope that you share our enthusiasm in creating experiences where there are no boundaries between fun and education – they are one and the same!” Copyright (C) 2012 Kidevice. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.