San Francisco, California – Smile, a developer of productivity applications for Mac and iOS, today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of PDFpen for iPhone, the latest mobile version of its popular Mac PDF editor. With PDFpen for iPhone, users can add text, images, and signatures to PDFs, make corrections, resize and delete images, and fill out forms. PDFs can be annotated with comments and highlighting. The elegant and responsive iOS interface makes it easy to skim within a document via the thumbnail view sidebar.
PDFpen for iPhone allows users to store documents in iCloud, making it possible to seamlessly edit and store a PDF in conjunction with PDFpen for Mac and PDFpen for iPad. It also can retrieve and save PDFs directly with Dropbox, Evernote and Google Docs.
“With an iPhone version in the PDFpen product family, it’s even easier to work with PDFs wherever you are,” said Smile founder Philip Goward. “iCloud storage provides a seamless experience of PDF editing, regardless whether you are on a Mac, iPad or iPhone.”
PDFpen for iPhone features:
* Ready for iPhone 5, with support for full screen height
* Read and edit PDF documents on your iPhone
* Store documents in iCloud and Dropbox for sharing between devices
* Optimized for Retina display
* Add text, images and signatures to PDFs
* Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
* Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
* Import images from iPhone Photo Library
* Save frequently-used images, signatures, objects and text for reuse
* Fill out PDF forms
* Add notes, comments, and freehand scribbles
* Draw lines, arrows, rectangles, ellipses and polygons
* Mark up documents with highlighting, underscoring and strikethrough; proofreading symbol collection included
* Duplicate and rotate pages
* Copy, combine, rename and delete files documents
* Organize your documents using Folders
* Thumbnail view sidebar for easy skimming
* Email your PDF files
* Retrieve and save PDFs directly with Dropbox, Evernote and Google Docs; share PDFs with a computer via Wi-Fi; transfer files using iTunes, FTP, and WebDAV
* Support for Pogo Connect, JaJa Stylus, and Jot Touch pressure sensitive pens
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* This app is optimized for iPhone 5
* 27.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
PDFpen 1.0 is offered at the introductory price of $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. For more information about PDFpen for iPhone, please visit Smile online.
Smile makes productivity software for OS X and iOS devices, including PDFpen, the Mac PDF editor that won an Editors’ Choice Award from Macworld and The Mac Observer; PDFpen for iPad, the mobile PDF editor that won Macworld 2012 Best of Show and The Mac Observer Editors Choice; the new PDFpen for iPhone; TextExpander, the Mac typing shortcut tool that also won a Macworld Eddy award; TextExpander touch for the iPhone and iPad; and DiscLabel, the Macworld Eddy award-winning CD label design program. Copyright (C) 2012 Smile. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.