Seoul, Korea – enCuv Studio’s freshly launched title, Penkie Pop, isn’t just an endless running game. According to a developer spokesperson, Penkie Pop is also a runaway hit. The game’s designers and developers are celebrating the application’s instant success on the iTunes App Store and Google Play store by offering the game for free.
Penkie Pop capitalizes on the recent surge of popularity enjoyed by 3D endless running titles, but brings new features and inspired design to the table to tempt gamers. So far, this strategy has been successful.
“Downloads are exceeding expectations, and positive ratings are rolling in,” said Kevin Kim, Marketing Director at enCuv Studio. “The game reviewed very well with our focus testers, so the positivity isn’t unexpected. But many great games go unnoticed. We’re very happy to say that isn’t the case with Penkie Pop.” So far, the game has earned a 4.9 rating in the Google Play store.
Penkie Pop features a playful penguin that depends on the player’s skill to take flight and race his way to a warmer climate. By tapping the screen repeatedly, the player keeps Penkie airborne. To steer, players choose tilt or touch controls according to their preference. While racing along an obstacle filled path, Penkie must dodge flying debris and snatch up stars, gems, and boost items as well. The game provides endless hours of exciting play, and invites players to share their successes – and show off their bragging rights – via Twitter and Facebook integration. The in-app store uses gems as currency, which can be earned in-game or purchased.
Penkie Pop can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store and Google Play store free of charge, and is compatible with most devices using iOS 4.2 and Android 2.2 and above.
* Fly along with Penkie through a brightly colored, beautifully animated 3D adventure that never gives you a chance to catch your breath
* Use your quartz to obtain special Power Ups that enhance your abilities or help you gather more quartz
* Use special abilities like Star Bomb to blast your way out of a dangerous spot
* Collect fifty achievements and revel in the resulting rewards
* Share Penkie’s successes with the world via Facebook and Twitter integration
* Customize your controls to use tilt or touch to dodge flying boulders, snowballs, and other obstacles in Penkie’s path to freedom
* Gather quartz on the run or purchase it in the shop to unlock special Penkie models like “the Ultra Surfer” and “the Rocket Rider” to see Penkie in stylish new get ups
* Unlock epic Wind Bullet weapons like the Stone Burster, Twin Cyclone, Fire Squall, Platinum Blizzard, and more
* The brightly colored environment, smooth 3D animation, and professional character and game design give Penkie Pop a polished feel that enCuv Studio designers hope will appeal to gamers everywhere.
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 41.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Penkie Pop 1.0.2 is free for limited time and available worldwide through the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store in the games category.
nCuv Co., Ltd is based out of Seoul, South Korea and is a startup app developer looking to make a large splash onto the iTunes and Google Play app markets. They are dedicated to making excellent games for casual mobile users. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013 enCuv Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.