Spokane, Washington – PhatWare Corporation today is proud to announce the newest update to its PhatPad note-taking and handwriting recognition app for iPad, now featuring integration with third-party interactive styli such as Jot Touch by Adonit, iPen by Cregle, My Note Pen by Aiptek, and aPen by E-FUN.
By using the PhatPad app with an interactive stylus, iPad users will enjoy more precise ink input which should result in significantly improved digital inking and handwriting recognition quality. Depending on the stylus, additional stylus features such as hardware controlled palm rest and stylus navigations buttons are supported to further improve user experience and application performance.
More than just a note-taking app, PhatPad turns an iPad into an advanced brainstorming tool by enabling users to draw, write, and type on the iPad, then instantly share ideas via email, WiFi sync, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Docs, or in PhatPad’s presentation mode.
PhatPad’s key features include:
* Smooth-flowing digital ink technology, which lets iPad users scribble notes as if they are writing on real paper
* The ability to combine drawing, handwritten text, images, and digital text on the same document page to create media-rich content
* A powerful multilingual handwriting recognition engine, which automatically converts handwritten notes into text
* Voice notes – record, play, and use in presentation mode
* An advanced Presentation mode, which supports a VGA monitor and allows recording and playing presentations by synchronizing document pages and voice
* PhatPad Document sharing using Dropbox synchronization, Google Docs and Evernote upload, direct access via WiFi or iTunes, and email
* Printing to a printer on wireless network via AirPrint
The beauty of PhatPad as a note-taking, collaboration and brainstorming tool, is that it allows users to draw pictures, jot notes, or put a mixture of pictures, drawings, handwritten and typed text on a virtual scratch pad. The included handwriting recognition engine allows PhatPad users to convert previously recorded handwritten notes into digital text, and edit text using either the handwriting input panel or the keyboard.
Brainstorming and collaborating with team members is simple using PhatPad’s Presentation mode, which allows users to create quick presentations and display them on the iPad screen and external monitor.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 32.8 MB
PhatPad Availability and Pricing
PhatPad 2.4 is available in the iTunes App Store at a reduced price of only $4.99 (USD). The price includes handwriting recognition in a language of the user’s choice. Support for additional languages can be purchased in-app for just $2.99 per language. The US English Medical dictionary is also available for PhatPad 2.4 for $4.99.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare’s products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2012 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare, PhatPad, PenOffice, and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.