Sacramento, California – Bobby Cronkhite Software today is pleased to announce the release of Photo Brush Lite 2.7 free for iOS, an update to their classic Photo app that has achieved more than 3 million downloads since 2009. Featuring a built-in library of 39 examples of image art, like stars, kisses, skulls, happy faces, splatters, question marks, and other symbols, all available in 12 different colors, the app allows users to paint them on to any photo using a fingertip. Size, rotation, transparency, auto-repeat, and randomness are user selectable. Enabling photographers to “frame” their subjects with colorful graffiti, the app can transform good photos into dynamic photo art.
This app now offers Best Decision functionality which uses an intelligent learning algorithm to determine a user’s Best Decision for a purchase based on price, distance, time, recommendations, social likes, and more.
Built-In Library (each brush available in 12 different colors):
* Animals – dog paw print, cat paw print, raven silhouette
* Christmas – candy, Santa cap, snowflake
* Design – glare star point, heart, Chinese “love” character, skull, splatter, sun
* Geometry – fan, circle, star, 3D star
* Halloween – flying bat
* Letters – exclamation point (!), question mark (?)
* Miscellaneous – confetti, FAIL, lipstick kiss imprint, wet tear
* Music – headphones, musical notes
* Nature – butterfly, clover, flame, flower, leaf, palm tree, petal, rose
* Numbers – seven (7), dollar sign ($)
* Special – glowing sun
* Sports – goalie mask, baseball glove, skis
Reducing the time required to artistically enhance any photograph, Photo Brush includes both random and stepped controls for brush size, transparency, and rotation. For example, turning on the random option of the size control allows the user to tap once to produce a large star, and then tap again to create a star of a different, random size. Dragging instead of tapping will produce a stream of stars of all sizes. Alternatively, with the stepped control activated, the first tapped star will be small, and grow slightly larger with each successive tap. Dragging produces a stream of stars that grow progressively larger.
* Use a photo from the Photo Library, snap a picture with an iDevice, or select from any of the stunning, included high-resolution canvases
* Custom brush picker allows users to see all color options at a glance
* Select multiple colors for random selection
* Vary transparency, rotation, and size of designs to fit any photo
* Save images to the iOS Camera Roll or Photo Library
* Export resolutions include screen, email, or desktop size
* Upload images to Facebook, Flickr, or Twitter and email photo art directly from Photo Brush
* Access preference settings quickly from the toolbar
* Undo/Redo available by swipe or touch
* Shake to Clear All
“Create image art amazingly fast wherever you are! iPhone users, surprise your friends by taking their picture and using them as your subject,” commented Bobby Cronkhite. “Users can also pick photos from their device’s Photo Album, and Photo Brush reacts to differences in drawing technique – from dabbing to heavy-flow swiping.”
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Twitter connectivity requires iOS 5.0 or latter
* 20.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Photo Brush Lite 2.7 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. The paid version of Photo Brush with an expanded selection of brushes is available through the App Store for $0.99 (USD).
Based in Sacramento, California, Bobby Cronkhite Software was founded in January 2000. Initially, the company developed ZeboPhoto, a Swiss army knife-type graphics app for OS X and did contract work. In 2006, with the addition of the Intel processor to the Mac, they began specializing in developing Cocoa apps for clients on OS X. In 2008, Sam Dominguez joined the Design team and was with the firm until recently. They released their first iOS app, King’s Cup, on Nov 17, 2008. All 19 of the company’s iOS apps are still available on the App Store. Copyright (C) 2000-2012 Bobby Cronkhite Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.