Zoetermeer, Netherlands – VeprIT is pleased to announce Photo Sense 1.9.0, a major update of its flagship product. Its younger brother Photo Sense Lite is also updated to version 1.3.0. Photo Sense is a powerful, but very easy to use photo editing software for Mac OS and iOS. It is designed to make photographs more attractive quickly and easily, without spending a lot of time and money on learning, purchasing, and using professional photo manipulation software. Photo Sense enhances photos automatically, and allows users to customize results to their liking. It ensures that the users get great results very quickly by supporting batch processing and image settings synchronization. In addition, the users can apply various creative effects.
In more detail, Photo Sense provides:
* Professional image enhancement techniques automatically applied to multiple photographs
* Results customization at two levels: semi-automatic and manual
* Batch processing (working with multiple images at a time) in automatic and semi-automatic modes
* Image settings synchronization between photographs (including manual adjustments) to speed-up the workflow
* Crop and straighten tool (its settings can be synchronized between images of the same size, providing batch operation)
* Batch image rotation
* Batch image resizing (down-sampling)
* Batch image format conversion
* A number of creative effects (applied in a batch mode)
* Non-destructive operation
* Convenient ways to compare photos before and after processing, including a side-by-side comparison
The unique automatic photo enhancement algorithm implemented in Photo Sense embraces everything its developers learned during over 6 years of professional photography experience. The only shortcoming the application has compared to manual processing is the lack of human vision, which sometimes can lead to a suboptimal choice of automatic image processing parameters. With the tools provided by Photo Sense (two customization levels, batch processing, image settings synchronization etc.) the user can easily and quickly perfect the automatic results.
New in Photo Sense 1.9.0:
This major update gives the user more control over the automatic photo enhancement to achieve better, individually customized results. It also extends the manual adjustment capabilities, and significantly enhances the user experience with a full batch operations undo/redo and other powerful features:
* Auto saturation strength customization. Some users believe that Photo Sense tends to oversaturate photos for their taste. It is now possible to customize the auto saturation strength to get it perfect for individual taste
* A separate skin colors saturation slider in Manual Adjustment. Photo Sense has the useful Preserve Skin Colors Saturation option for quite some time already. Now it gives even better control over skin colors saturation, which the user might want to increase, but not so much as other colors
* Full Undo/Redo support for batch operations. The user can now experiment with, for example, copying processing options between images, much easier than before, because it is easy to undo and redo changes even for batch operations
* There is a special command to overwrite the original image files in the original format (if supported). This is useful when using Photo Sense as an external editor in other applications such as iPhoto, Aperture, and Lightroom
* Image dragging (reordering and copying) in the browser. Combined with saving with sequence numbers, this can be used to resort and order images
* Editable text fields for all sliders in Manual Adjustment window
* Image duplication. This is convenient to quickly try alternative processing options or effects while keeping the previous state
* Also the Mac App Store version now remembers the last used saving directory (only on the latest OS X systems). The user does not need to choose the same directory multiple times
* Auto saturation performance improvement
* It is now allowed to interrupt saving
* Bug fix in histograms in the Manual Adjustment window
* Other user interface improvements and bug fixes
“Photo Sense is so easy to use that anyone can get the gist and make vast improvements to their pictures in just a couple of minutes.”
“A great app for batch processing, simplistically built and very easy to use.”
“Photo Sense is one of the most simplistic apps you’re ever likely to encounter on the Mac.” – Jimmy Hayes, issue #95 of the iCreate magazine.
“Contrary to what one might imagine, there are not so many applications dedicated to automatic image correction, and Photo Sense is almost an exception – a quality one.”
“Photo Sense is an excellent program that I recommend to all those who feel no particular interest in photo correction, but want to significantly improve the quality of their images without spending hours.” – Mathieu Lavant, issue #68 of the Vous et Votre Mac magazine (translated from French).
“Intuitive user interface, beautiful design and interesting photo enhancement algorithm combined with the batch processing function make Photo Sense a useful application for any Mac user who would like to perform a quality photo correction without much effort.” – ANJUL, appstudio (translated from Russian).
“Overwhelmed With Complicated Photo Software? Try Photo Sense!” “If you are not interested in learning how to make changes and adjustments to your photos on your own, Photo Sense lives up to its name and makes a great solution.” – Sue Megrund, AppAdvice.
“We are quite successful in using your software for product photography. The workflow is remarkably intuitive and produces good results even with operators who don’t have a photography background.” – Dr. Roderich Bott, Dr. Bott KG.
“Very cool app. Makes your photos look like you knew how to use a camera.” – mac-ho, Photo Sense user (from a Mac App Store review).
Photo Sense 1.9.0 and Photo Sense Lite 1.3.0 require a 64-bit Intel-based Apple computer with Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later. Photo Sense 1.7.2 and earlier versions also work on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard). Photo Sense for iOS requires iOS 4.2 or later. iPhone 4 or later is highly recommended for performance reasons.
Pricing and Availability:
A trial version of Photo Sense (with disabled results saving) is freely available for download at the application webpage. The current price is $33.99 (USD). Photo Sense is also available on the Mac App Store. Photo Sense Lite is only available on the Mac App Store. Photo Sense for iOS is available on the iTunes Store.
VeprIT is a bootstrapped software company based in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands, founded in the beginning of 2011. VeprIT develops its own products and provides custom software development services. Currently VeprIT offers image/photo editing software products for Mac OS and iOS. These products aim at hiding all the image processing complexity behind a very simple and intuitive user interface. VeprIT also offers custom software development and consulting services focusing on Mac OS, iOS, and embedded systems. Copyright (C) 2011-2013 VeprIT. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.