Amsterdam, The Netherlands – AssistiveWare(R) today released version 1.5 of Pictello for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Pictello is a simple way to create visual stories, talking photo albums and talking books in 24 languages. Version 1.5 of Pictello offers many new voices as a free download. Pictello has great reviews and ratings on the App Store.
Pictello 1.5 is a free upgrade for our existing users and brings the following new features:
* Meet Harry and Rosie, the first real British children’s voices
* Introducing Mandarin Chinese and Australian English voices
* New voices for American and British English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, German, Norwegian, and Swedish
* New Expressive Mode voices – some of Acapela’s voices now come in expressive versions such as Happy, Sad, Far Away, and Up Close. Download these for fun effects! Available for selected American and British English, French, Greek, and Belgian Dutch voices
* New American English Character voices Hip-Hop Saul, Texas Cowboy Micah, Evil Will, Little Creature Will, and British English Queen Elizabeth
* Introducing PresenterTouch(TM) – when an external display is attached and you’re in mirroring mode, a small circle will appear wherever your finger(s) touch the screen. Participants in a training can now see your touches projected on the external display and no longer need to guess where you are touching the screen
* Many other enhancements and small bug fixes
Pictello is developed for all ages and skill levels, so it is easy to use and requires no reading skills to locate and read stories. Pictello offers an easy visual story creation wizard so everyone can use pictures and sound to share important moments in their lives. An advanced editor gives full control of the editing capabilities.
“It is so impressive when a student with communication challenges can ‘tell’ their family the ‘cool’ things that happened in school or the community. In my experience, Pictello creates the platform that makes Everyone want to get involved with communication” – Dr. Robin Parker, Speech-Language Pathologist at Nova Southeastern University – UM-NSU Center for Autism and Related Disabilities.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 263 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Pictello 1.5 is $18.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. For more information, please see our Pictello page.
AssistiveWare is the worldwide leader in innovative assistive technology software for Mac OS X and iOS. This includes award-winning KeyStrokes(TM) and TouchStrokes(TM) virtual keyboards, SwitchXS(TM) scanning on-screen keyboard, LayoutKitchen(TM) panel editor, Proloquo(TM) multi-purpose speech solution, award-winning VisioVoice(TM) for vision impaired Mac users, Pictello(TM) visual story-telling app for iOS as well as the ground breaking and award-winning Proloquo2Go(R) communication solution for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The ConvenienceWare product line makes the advanced technologies developed by AssistiveWare available in cool and convenient applications that make the life of Mac users easier. AssistiveWare and ConvenienceWare are trade names and registered trademarks of AssistiveWare B.V. GhostReader, VisioVoice, SwtichXS, KeyStrokes, TouchStrokes, LayoutKitchen, Proloquo2Go and Proloquo are trademarks or registered trademarks of AssistiveWare B.V. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.