ProjectForum 7.2 for OS X – Wiki App Enables Collaboration Within Groups
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada – CourseForum Technologies today is pleased to announce ProjectForum 7.2 for OS X, Windows, or Linux, their app allowing users to easily set up and run their own private wiki, enabling enhanced collaboration between all the members of a team, group, or department. Featuring a secure, web browser interface, and WYSIWYG editor, ProjectForum provides a shared workspace for a team to collect, manage, and discuss all its work. The private wiki becomes the group’s own forum, a single place to collaborate, share, stay up-to-date, and coordinate. This update adds improved support for mobile clients, including iOS and Android devices.
Whether coordinating the activities of a three-member committee, a 25-person team, or dozens of departments consisting of hundreds of people, the ProjectForum private wiki application simplifies sharing and collaboration, which is justly regarded as the lifeblood of any organization. The app allows the wiki administrator to set up and run an ongoing, private wiki with little or no previous knowledge of web site administration. The app’s easy, web-based interface makes it inexpensive and practical to institute a private wiki, ensuring that the flow of information back and forth throughout the organization is clear, effective, and egalitarian.
Requiring no external databases, web servers, version control systems, or other support systems, a ProjectForum private wiki functions automatically, facilitating the updating and sharing of information. All configuration is done through an easy web-based interface that allows the wiki administrator custom brand pages, create re-usable templates, add custom links, and share wiki content publicly on the web.
Security is particularly important in systems like wikis, where anyone can potentially change anything. Designed in from the start, ProjectForum offers many unobtrusive options to secure content and ensure full accountability.
* Site, group, project administrators
* Shared password or individual accounts
* Page locking
* Activity tracking
* Version control and history
* SSL encryption
With the ubiquity of iOS and Android mobile devices, ProjectForum version 7.2 has improved support for smaller screen views. The software now recognizes when the user is viewing the wiki on a mobile device and displays wiki pages with appropriate font sizes, reduced complexity, and dedicated layouts that are customized for mobile clients. No matter if they are at their desktop computer, or on the road with their iPhone or iPad, wiki collaborators can easily stay up-to-date.
* ProjectForum enables the configuration and administration of one or more private wikis running on a local computer
* New wiki page views especially designed for viewing on iOS and Android mobile devices
* Web-based administration
* WYSIWYG Rich Text Format editor provides a familiar authoring environment
* Easy comment posting
* History of all changes
* Changes by email or RSS
* Image and file attachments
* Project area (sub-wikis)
* Fully managed, cloud-based hosting via TeamWikis, as an alternative to local hosting
* Free trial download
“Unlike other wiki software, ProjectForum is affordable, easy to set up, easy to learn, and easy to use, for any workgroup,” stated Mark Roseman of CourseForum Technologies. “ProjectForum can be downloaded and set up on an internal network in minutes by anyone, without the dependencies, complex installation and maintenance headaches inherent in most wiki software.”
* OS X, Windows, or Linux
* 5.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ProjectForum 7.2 for OS X, Windows, or Linux is available for purchase and download from the CourseForum Technologies web site. The company offers four different licensing choices: Free; Basic, $99 (USD); Standard, from $299; and Enterprise, from $1,000. Also available are hosted versions of the software. Review copies are available upon request.
CourseForum Technologies is a leading developer of high-quality collaboration software for professional workgroups. Its ProjectForum wiki software, available either as a download or hosted, brings together the advanced features high-performing teams need in a highly usable and easy to set up OS X application. Based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, more information about CourseForum can be found on their website. Copyright (C) 2002-2011 CourseForum Technologies. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Follow Us On
By PDGACO payday loans uk
- Magazines the way they were meant to be on the iPad with Readr
- Professional-grade portrait touch ups with Visage Lab for iOS
- Explore virtually unlimited music possibilites with Music Tubee for iOS
- Looking for college books? Check out CollegeBooks for iPhone
- Bored? Kill some time with Smashing Egg Tido for iOS
- Check out this cool Unity-powered 3D role playing game called Axe and Fate
- Take control of your Windows computer with your Android device with Windows Controller
- Challenge your brain with fun and addictive mini-games in TouchMii for iPhone
- Keep your documents on the iPhone safe with Scan and Protect!
- The Max in Poker Enjoyment is available with 888poker Mobile HD
- Tickle your brain with this awesome puzzle game for iPhone
- Check out this extraordinarily difficult, yet extremely addicting puzzel game for Android
- Create and edit your spreadsheets in style with Permanent for iPad
- Wake up & stay in touch with the world with Clock Weather News for iPhone!
- Discrete and private messaging with iDelete for iPhone
Tagsandroid android app android game android review app application appoday app review appshrink blackberry CCleaner command featured free game review giveaway giveaways images infographic ipad ipad app ipad game ipad review iphone iphone app iphone game iphone review ipod lifetopix mac app mac review news organizer os x panorama press release promo code promo codes review submit app submit press release terminal tips touch tweaks