Vestal, New York – Remoter Labs today is pleased to announce the release of Remoter1.0.0 for OS X Snow Leopard and Lion, a productivity app that enables users to remotely control Macs via Screen Sharing, and Windows or Linux computers using the VNC or RDP. The app uses Bonjour and NetBIOS to make setup a cinch. Sound redirection and easy setup, RDP, Telnet and SSH support are included.
The app offers one of the fastest implementations of the VNC and RDP protocols on the Mac platform. Operation is intuitive, with a well thought out interface.
When connecting to other Macs, setup is now ultra-simple with the RemoterFusion helper app. Port-forwarding and/or dynamic DNS is no longer needed in order to establish connections from outside the computer’s network. This also provides sound redirection, which allows listening to music tracks, or any sound playing remotely on the computer.
Otherwise, local session set-up is still simple, all the computers from the WiFi network are found using both the Bonjour and NetBIOS standards. The user then clicks on the desired connection, and all queried information such as computer name, IP address, service port, and more auto-populates the set-up screen. The user then only needs to enter the VNC password to complete setup. A button labeled “Advanced” reveals many useful advanced options, like color depth, server scaling setting, compression level and more.
RDP is also included, allowing connections to Windows computers that include an RDP server (Remote Desktop Protocol). This allows connecting to these machines without having to install a server, as is the case with VNC.
The app also allows users to establish secure, SSH-tunneled, VNC or RDP connections to their computers. SSH support also gives users the ability of establishing terminal connections to any SSH server. Featuring full terminal control, including special keys such as Control, Alt, F1-F14. Terminal support implements font foreground and background color, a terminal buffer, and clicking. SSH authentication includes both passwords and private/public key support. A fully featured SSH Key manager allows users to create SSH keys using RSA or DSA. Passphrases can also be set, and independent SSH keys can be used for each SSH session.
The SSH feature also gives users the ability of create up to five TCP tunnels per connection. The tunnels can then be accessed while the app is in the background by any other app. Providing a VPN-like connection to the SSH server.
Telnet enables users to connect to server computers using the Telnet protocol. Like with SSH, the app provides full color support, a terminal buffer, and special keys.
Both the SSH and Telnet features allow for selection of text which is then synchronized with the system’s pasteboard, and can then be pasted within the application, or into any other app.
The app features a slick connection selection interface. Servers can be sorted by name, type or usage, and a search box allows to easily find the desired server.
Wake-on-LAN support is also built-in, when the server session is setup using Bonjour or NetBIOS, the MAC address is automatically populated. Otherwise the field is provided to allow the user to populate it manually. Wake-on-LAN can then be sent either from the main screen of the app, or via the session selection screen.
Macros can also be created and run. Macro support is included for VNC, RDP, SSH and Telnet sessions, and a Macros manager allows for renaming and deleting of existing macros.
The app is extremely configurable, and even includes an app-wide PIN security system to prevent unauthorized use.
Lion’s full-screen support is also provided.
* A complete solution, no in-app purchases
* Multiple simultaneous connections
* Completely resigned session selection interface
* RemoterFusion compatible (for connecting and sound streaming)
* Fast VNC protocol 3.8 supported. Compatible with OSX (Snow Leopard and Lion) Screen Sharing, the latest UltraVNC for Windows and Linux VNC servers
* Support for sound/music redirection from OSX and easy setup without port-forwarding / dynamic DNS with RemoterFusion
* Support for RDP (w/encryption support), SSH and Telnet, VNC over SSH, RDP over SSH, and arbitrary SSH port tunnels
* SSH supports public-key authentication. Included SSH Key management system to generate, copy to pasteboard the SSH keys
* Support for recording and running Macros!
* International keyboard support for servers that don’t support direct input mode: German, Swiss-German, Russian, French, Danish and Spanish Keyboard mappings.
* UltraVNC MS Login Authentication Support, Server-Side Scaling
* Wake-on-Lan Support
* Bonjour and NetBIOS computer discovery
* Support for 8bpp, 16bpp and 32bpp color depths
* Lion’s Fullscreen mode
* Clipboard synchronization (Paste is universal, but copy requires server support)
* OS X 10.6 or higher
* 11 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Remoter 1.0.0 is now at the special price of $10.99 (USD) with free lifetime upgrades, and is available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Vestal, New York, Remoter Labs was founded by Raf Cabezas in May, 2010. The company seeks to produce high quality software while maintaining competitive pricing. Copyright (C) 2011 Remoter Labs. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Macintosh, OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. VNC is a registered trademark of RealVNC Ltd.