La Jolla, California – In 2010 world leading Daylite implementor, Marni Melrose launched The MacAngel Academy to help small businesses to learn Daylite. That has been very successful, but ResidualReach wanted to reach not only businesses that used Apple Computers and devices but any sort of computer or device. They went on a hunt to find a product that worked on any platform so that they could help impact more business people. In 2012 they found Podio and fell in love, just like they had fallen in love with Daylite 10 years ago. ResdiualReach is pleased to announce the first of their Podio lessons.
The lesson is free but you must first register to get access the entire lesson.
12-17 Why and how we use Podio
In this lesson we will go over the reason that we use Podio now and show you one of our workflows. In this workflow:
* We take an estimate from our website into Podio
* Link the estimate to a person in Podio
* Share the estimate with that person so that we can discuss it inside of Podio instead of inside of email
* Create an opportunity in Podio and link the estimate inside of it, so we have full access to the information there
* We use Quoteroller to produce beautiful quotes and then link the status back in to Podio
* We link the sale to the person and the opportunity which then gives us a calculated value of the contact over time and on that particular opportunity
* We then link the Person to a Client Workspace where we manage their project collaboratively with them
* We talk a bit about the apps that we have created in the client workspaces to help us manage our work together. For instance, we created an app to help manage the client pre-payments
* We link every appointment up to the Implementation project back in the CRM
* When the customer fills out feedback, we then link that feed back to the project in the CRM
* How we use the conversations app to pull conversations in to Podio or to email from Podio. We also are able to link emails while out of the office on our iPads, iPhones, or Androids
* We show you how to send outbound email using Podiotools
* We show you how we use Podio to interact with our members to have them propose and also vote on lessons
You will learn: Why we use Podio:
* How the estimate request form got onto our site
* How to set up some tasks to do when you receive a new item
* What the activity stream does and how information gets into it
* What a workspace is
* How to share an item in Podio
* How to email an item to an app
Britt Van Slyck, User Engagement at Podio said ” We firmly believe Podio is more than technology, it should be a means of becoming more productive by changing the way you work for the better.”
“I firmly agree with Britt and I am out to make an impact on small and medium sized businesses by helping them to collaborate more effectively externally as well as internally. The future of work is right here. Like Apple was the computer for the rest of us, Podio is the enterprise social network for the rest of us.”, says Chief Technology Evangelist, Marni Melrose, author and Founder of the Academy.
In April of 2012 Citrix acquired Podio. Podio recently announced it’s 18 Preferred Podio Partners. Marni Melrose was selected as one of those partners because of the Academy that she built to help users with Marketcircle’s Daylite small business productivity application. She plans to bring the same level of high quality training on Podio that she did with Daylite.
Podio is an online platform with a new take on work and how it gets done. For the first time ever you can create your own work tools and shape the way you work. No technical skills required. No dependency on IT. Podio gives people more power than they’ve ever had before to do everyday work better, smarter and in their own way.
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile work styles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion.
ResidualReach, LLC, formerly MacAngel, LLC is the world leading Daylite implementor and one of the first of the 18 Preferred Podio Partners in the world. Founded in 2002 in La Jolla, CA. They architect business workflows for small to medium sized businesses. They help companies collaborate more effectively externally as well as internally. Copyright (C) 2012 ResidualReach, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Daylite is a product of Marketcircle.