Encinitas, California – Independent software developer SchwanSongs Software today announces the release and immediate availability of WhirlWind WordSearch 1.0, a new versatile word-search puzzle maker for Macintosh. WhirlWind WordSearch is tailored to create professional-looking word-search puzzles aimed at beginners or advanced puzzle solvers.
Using Whirlwind WordSearch, the user can generate many puzzles from their own word sets, choose the difficulty and the size of the puzzle, and choose from a wide variety of built-in shapes. The generated puzzles and answer keys can be printed or copied into page layout software for publishing in newsletters, books, or classroom hand-outs.
* Choose from a wide variety of built-in shapes, ready to go
* Quick entry of your word lists. Type them in or copy/paste a list from word processor or web
* Pick a difficulty-to-solve, from “very easy”, to “diabolically difficult”
* Create puzzles ranging in size from 4×4 letters up to 35×35
* Work without a net…runs anywhere, no need for an internet connection to create your puzzles
* Save your puzzle word list files, and open them again later to instantly create whole new puzzles
* Tailor the printing options to suit a variety of audiences and needs
* Supports Full-Screen mode in Lion (10.7)
* Comprehensive User Guide contains tutorials, tips, and explains every option, gets you up-to-speed right away
* Export to PDF and copy the puzzles right into your own newsletters, worksheets, books, or other publications
* A built-in spell-checker alerts you to any misspelled words in your word-list before you print
* Double-checks your word list for accidentally typed duplicate words
* Double-checks the final puzzle, eliminating randomly-generated duplicates of your words and “naughty” words
* The word-search software quickly and meticulously builds customized puzzles based on your settings
Choose a “very easy” puzzle, and it will only place your words across and down. It will not overlap any of the words, and it will fill the rest of the puzzle with letters that are not in your words, making it easier to find the words
Choose a harder puzzle, and it will start adding your words backwards and on diagonals. It will fill the rest of the puzzle with any letters (or only letters from your word list!) and on the hardest level, it will even sprinkle pieces of your own words in other puzzle locations as visual decoys.
* Requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later
* Intel Macintosh
* 10.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Whirlwind WordSearch 1.0 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Education category.
Located in Encinitas, California, SchwanSongs is a single-person company run by software developer Eduard Schwan. The company creates MacOS and iOS software, as well as original music, videos, and computer artwork, usually in combination, in order to educate and inspire. Copyright (C) 2013 SchwanSongs. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.