Gibsons, BC, Canada – Sprightly Software today is pleased to announce the release of Screen Ruler 3.1 for Mac, an update to their simple, yet powerful utility for working with on-screen graphics. Intuitive, easy-to-use, Screen Ruler runs from the Menu Bar, and includes easy keyboard shortcuts. Take accurate measurements anywhere on-screen, even across multiple displays.
The Box Measurement Tool provides a way to get the exact pixel width and height of an area anywhere on your display. The Line Measurement Tool determines the length between any two pixels. The Color Picker provides an easy way to obtain a web-ready hex color, or Core Graphics compatible RGB fraction from anywhere on your display. The Grab Image Tool allows one to take a screenshot of anything on-screen.
* An intuitive, easy-to-use, no-clutter interface
* Run from the menu bar so that it’s always there when you need it
* Take accurate measurements anywhere on-screen, even across multiple displays
* Two methods to measure: click and drag, or click-move-click
* Proportional measurements can be obtained by holding the shift key
* Easy keyboard shortcuts for initiating measurements, picking a color, taking screenshots, and quickly copying width, height, length, color, and image data
* The Persistent Ruler option allow users to leave a ruler on-screen as long as desired
* Works with multiple displays
* Compatible with Mac OS Lion (10.7) and Mountain Lion (10.8)
New in version 3.1:
* Added measurements to the box ruler
* Persistent rulers can now be resized
* Added button to clear all persistent rulers
* Fixed a bug where persistent rulers could be created that were too small to contain a close button
* Fixed a bug that caused ruler color inconsistencies across multiple displays
* The option key can now be held down to hide the zoomed in cursor view
* Fixed a bug where a dragging operation could begin at the second click
* Custom measurement units now show custom ruler ticks
* In help, linked to tech support
* Improved the user interface
New in version 3.0:
* Rulers can now optionally be made persistent to stay on-screen for as long as desired (our most requested feature)
* Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) is now fully supported
* Partial Retina Display support has been added
* Screen Ruler is now runs exclusively from the menu bar
* The zoomed-in cursor view now floats beside your cursor
* The interfaces has been streamlined and made more compact
* The color picker now can produce code for iOS and Mac developers
* Screen Ruler 3 is not compatible with Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or earlier
Screen Ruler is a great utility for anyone that works with digital graphics, including: web designers, graphic artists, Xcode programmers, and others.
* Mac OS 10.7 or higher
* 2.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Screen Ruler 3.1 sells for $14.99 (USD) and is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Developer Tools category.
Founded in 2009, Sprightly Software is a energetic, enterprising software developer based on the Sunshine Coast in British Columbia, Canada that develops business, entertainment, and design software for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac. Copyright (C) 2009-2012 Sprightly Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.