Waco, Texas – Indie developers Ron Tremper and Jeremy Weaver today are pleased to announce Ship Master 1.1, an update to their innovative shipping app, developed exclusively for iOS and all iDevices. Users simply enter the origin and destination zip codes, the weight, and package dimensions, and the app instantly generates a price list of shipping options with the least expensive first.
The highly accurate list of comparative prices includes all the various services provided by UPS (United Parcel Service), FedEx, and USPS (U.S. Postal Service). In addition, the app displays nearby drop off locations for each shipping service on a zoomable street map, and it provides for one-touch tracking of all packages shipped. Just in time for Christmas, Ship Master reduces the cost and anxiety of shipping packages during the holidays.
Ship Master Features:
* Compares the prices for UPS, FedEx and the United States Postal Service simultaneously, and it provides a list of the results in order of cost, so that users can make informed decisions as to which service and price best suits their needs
* Lists all the rates for just the U.S. Postal Service or UPS or FedEx separately, if preferred
* Provides highly accurate pricing with its built-in, residential/commercial destination option
* Pinpoints and maps the nearest shipping location based on the current location
* Share pricing results with integrated email connectivity
* Tracks the shipment using the UPS, FedEx or U.S. Postal Service tracking number
* Instantly supplies reliable pricing information, encompassing more than 33,000 U.S. zip codes and the most up-to-date rate charts from all three shippers
At launch in portrait orientation, the app displays three choices: Estimate Shipping Rates, Visit Tracking Page, and Find Shipping Locations. The first choice, Estimate Shipping Rates, lets users select either Quick Quote or Detailed Quote. A Quick Quote is based solely on the distance traveled and the weight of the package, while a Detailed Quote is generated by those same factors, but additionally determines whether the package will be billed by actual weight or dimensional weight (preferable). Dimensional weight is calculated by UPS and FedEx as the width times the length, times the height of the package, divided by a numerical factor (e.g., 18″ x 24″ x 10″ = 4,320/166 [NF] = 26 lbs. dimensional weight). Both quotes allow the selection of delivery to a commercial or residential address.
Users can Visit Tracking Page for UPS, FedEx, or USPS without leaving the app. Entering the package tracking number for the shipped item, instantly displays the delivery status or current location of the package. Lastly, users can easily Find Shipping Locations marked with red pushpins. The zoomable street map displays each of the three shipping services separately, with buttons for UPS, FedEx, and USPS.
Sample Ship Master Price List (1 package from 33437 to 52557, 9 lbs. 12 oz., 24x12x4, residential destination):
* $14.48 – USPS Parcel Post
* $15.45 – USPS Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box
* $16.68 – FedEx Ground
* $18.38 – UPS Ground
* $25.70 – USPS Priority Mail
* $39.95 – USPS Flat Rate Boxes
* $44.71 – FedEx Express Saver
* $69.00 – FedEx 2Day
* $69.00 – UPS 2nd Day Air
* $73.05 – USPS Express Mail
* $78.88 – FedEx 2Day AM
* $78.88 – UPS 2nd Day Air AM
* $110.26 – FedEx Standard Overnight
* $112.36 – UPS Next Day Air Saver
* $112.36 – FedEx Priority Overnight
* $147.55 – FedEx First Overnight
* $147.55 – UPS Next Day Air Early AM
“Being able to decide which shipper to use, what your price options are, and where the closest location is, gives you the confidence that you have all the information you need to save yourself time and money,” stated developer Jeremy Weaver. “Input the origin and destination zip codes, dimensions of your package and weight and Ship Master goes to work for you. Ship Master is your all-in-one shipping companion.”
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 3.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Ship Master 1.1 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Waco, Texas, independent developers Ron Tremper and Jeremy Weaver teamed up in early 2012 to bring the dream of Ship Master to life. Copyright (C) 2012 Jeremy Weaver. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.