Amsterdam, Netherlands – Indie developer Alexandra Mazurina today is pleased to announce Smart Coin: Currency Converter 2.0.4 for iOS, an update to her best-selling app that has reached the Top 50 in the Finance category in every major App Store globally. Displaying the results of financial calculations in 4 different currencies simultaneously, the app’s built-in calculator includes an input window that accommodates 20 keystrokes. Users can choose from a scrolling list of 175+ currencies, and exchange rates can be updated manually or automatically. In-app purchases allow the user to add currency fluctuations over time displayed as a graph; calculations based on past exchange rates; calculations based on hypothetical, user input exchange rates; and special PayPal, MasterCard, and Visa exchange rates.
* Supports all iOS devices: iPhone/iPod touch and iPad/iPad mini
* 175+ world currencies available
* Optional: graphs and special exchange rates
* User-friendly interface
* Calculate exchanges for up to four currencies simultaneously
* Quick access to favorite currencies
* Automatic and manual exchange rate updates
* Offline mode
* Supports simple calculator functions
* Exact or rounded numbers when calculating
* Copy results for further use
* Supports gestures
* 100% ad free
Currency exchange apps are a competitive niche in the Finance category, and best-selling Smart Coin, first released in early 2012, has distinguished itself by reaching the Top 50 in all the following App Stores: U.S., UK, Germany, Japan, China, Russia, South Korea, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and Sweden. Apple has cited the app in its Finance – What’s Hot section in 100+ countries.
Smart Coin is the work of an independent developer, who has built an outstanding reputation for updates and customer service. The app’s success can be credited to five key characteristics:
* Simplicity – with up to four currencies displayed in horizontal bars above, and a standard calculator keyboard below, operation is quick and intuitive.
* Flexibility – where most similar apps calculate the exchange rate between two selected currencies, Smart Coin offers up to four selected currencies simultaneously.
* Authority – at startup, the scrolling list of 175+ currencies is updated against any currency selected as a reference – users can alter the reference on the fly, automatically updating the currency list.
* Capability – with no optional additions, Smart Coin offers: currency text search; favorite currencies; Country/3-letter Currency Code/National Flag tabs; choice of 18 free rate services, like Yahoo Finance, the European Central Bank, and the Bank of England; 17 built-in language localizations; offline or online operation; a four-function calculator with auto-calculate mode to convert formulas; and easy copy/paste and expand/contract gestures.
* Expandability – one of its greatest strengths is the absence of extraneous information, yet the app offers optional, in-app purchases, which expand its feature set beyond daily conversions and into arbitrage, currency speculation, and trans-national credit card commerce.
“After many updates and revisions, Smart Coin 2.0.4 is a highly refined app that works flawlessly,” commented indie developer Alexandra Mazurina. “Start with the basic app that contains all that most users will ever need.”
* English, Bokmal, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 10.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Smart Coin: Currency Converter 2.0.4 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Finance category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Smart Coin was created by indie developer Alexandra Mazurina in 2012. Alexandra creates apps for the iOS platform. Copyright (C) 2012-2013 Alexandra Mazurina. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.