So Many Hotels, So Little Time, Problem Solved – Marriott International
Bethesda, Md. – You and your Smartphone need a vacation. Marriott International (NYSE:MAR) announces the perfect travel companion(TM) to make it easier than ever to plan and book your next hotel stay wherever you are. Marriott has launched a brand new, free mobile app for iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android devices. Don’t have one of these devices? No problem. Marriott also announces the launch of its all new “app-like” mobile website that can be accessed from any web-enabled mobile device – the site even sports that “app feel,” from taps to finger-swipes.
To download the app, lick on the link below. You can test drive it and then write a review in the App Store, Android Market or BlackBerry App WorldTM.
The new Marriott Mobile tools enable time-crunched travelers to quickly find nearby hotels, book a room, check their upcoming reservations and get details about their hotel, including photos. With the app and mobile website, travelers can also enroll in Marriott Rewards, check their point balance, and even find out what’s happening in the local area.
“We know that more than half of hotel reservations made using mobile devices are for same-day stays. This shows how rushed mobile travelers are; speed and choice are critical,” said Shafiq Khan, senior vice president of eCommerce, Marriott International. “With a few taps, you can now get immediate access on-the-go to our 3,600 hotels across 13 brands in 71 countries.”
eMarketer predicts that 29 million consumers will plan travel on the mobile internet in 2012, a more than 50 percent increase over 2011 levels. They also forecast consumers booking travel on their mobile devices will nearly double to 15 million by 2012. Through June of this year, Marriott’s mobile website has been averaging nearly 2.6 million visits a month and $21 million in property-level revenue a month, which is more than three times the volume compared to the same time period from the year before. Apps are the next natural extension to fuel Marriott International’s rapid online growth through the Marriott site. In 2010 based on property-level sales, the Marriott site ranked among the top ten consumer retail websites in the world.
Marriott’s mobile app for smartphones and its upgraded mobile website were provided and developed by AT&T as part of AT&T’s Mobile Enterprise Applications Platform, which provides unique Write Once, Run Everywhere platform technology utilizing its work with Kony Solutions. The platform leverages a single application definition so applications are designed and developed just once, meaning Marriott will be able to deliver richer content to its guests more quickly. Marriott’s mobile website and apps are hosted and managed by AT&T and include quality control testing to ensure the most positive user experience.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
* iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Blackberry, Android
Pricing and Availability:
Marriott International 1.0 is free and available worldwide through the iTunes App Store, BlackBerry App World, and Android Markets.
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our web site. Copyright (C) 2011 Marriott International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Follow Us On
By PDGACO payday loans uk
- Magazines the way they were meant to be on the iPad with Readr
- Professional-grade portrait touch ups with Visage Lab for iOS
- Explore virtually unlimited music possibilites with Music Tubee for iOS
- Looking for college books? Check out CollegeBooks for iPhone
- Bored? Kill some time with Smashing Egg Tido for iOS
- Check out this cool Unity-powered 3D role playing game called Axe and Fate
- Take control of your Windows computer with your Android device with Windows Controller
- Challenge your brain with fun and addictive mini-games in TouchMii for iPhone
- Keep your documents on the iPhone safe with Scan and Protect!
- The Max in Poker Enjoyment is available with 888poker Mobile HD
- Tickle your brain with this awesome puzzle game for iPhone
- Check out this extraordinarily difficult, yet extremely addicting puzzel game for Android
- Create and edit your spreadsheets in style with Permanent for iPad
- Wake up & stay in touch with the world with Clock Weather News for iPhone!
- Discrete and private messaging with iDelete for iPhone
Tagsandroid android app android game android review app application appoday app review appshrink blackberry CCleaner command featured free game review giveaway giveaways images infographic ipad ipad app ipad game ipad review iphone iphone app iphone game iphone review ipod lifetopix mac app mac review news organizer os x panorama press release promo code promo codes review submit app submit press release terminal tips touch tweaks