Alexandria, Virginia – Vito Technology today is happy to announce a new update of their award winning solar system model for Mac. Highly praised by parents and teachers all over the world and featured in Apple’s Back to School selection, Solar Walk now comes with new information, making it the most comprehensive interactive solar system model on the AppStore. Other additions include advanced graphical makeover, new interface tweaks and an interactive newbie guide to the most astonishing phenomena of the solar system.
Solar Walk 3D Solar System for Mac is famous for stunning graphical effects on the edge of hardware capabilities. Recent partnerships between Vito Technology and ESA and ESO made significant contributions to content side of the app making it the ultimate learning tool and a great source of knowledge for any curious inquirer. Each celestial object in the app comes with Information tab, that brings on screen all kinds of data about the object: size, mass, and orbital velocity, history of missions, and thickness of structural layers of planets and their atmospheres. Every object has a media library with amazing photographs. For those not into facts and figures, a newly added “Did you know” section will open the most interesting details.
To fully appreciate the beauty of celestial dance one must know their way around the solar system. Not anymore – Solar Walk now comes with a list of preset bookmarks, which serve as guided tours through the wonders of galactic phenomena. For instance, they will show you sunrise and sunset as seen from the International Space Station, Saturn and other planets, while you can manipulate and control the simulation upon your liking.
Other additions include interface tweaks and new objects: asteroids, comets, and dwarf planets.
Solar Walk App Highlights:
* 3D Mode – if you have 3D glasses, you are in for a treat
* 3D Model of the Milky Way Galaxy – you can zoom out and find out exactly how it looks and where we are in it
* High Resolution Planets – zoom and rotate all planets and satellites to see every crater on the Moon or clouds on Venus.. Tap (i) to read info about any object
* Satellites – detailed 3D models of the most interesting man-made satellites, with info, history, and images
* Time Machine – how else can you show the laws of nature if not in motion
* Educational Movies – 7 explanatory movies about the most fascinating natural phenomena such as the Solar eclipse, tides, Moon phases, season change, zodiac cycle and more with multilingual subtitles and voice-over in English
* Search – points of interests of the Earth, the Moon, Mars, and Venus
* Big Screen – connect a second display to view the sky on a big screen
* No Internet connection required
* US English, Russian, Chinese Simple (HANS), German, Italian, Japanese, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese Traditional
* OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 275 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Solar Walk – 3D Solar System Model 2.0.1 is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Education category. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Alexandria, Virginia, Vito Technology Inc. is headed by CEO Victor Toporkov and has developed an impressive portfolio of products for Windows Mobile since it entered the mobile software market in 2001. The company’s latest endeavors include iOS and Web 2.0 software development. Vito Technology won an Apple Design Award in 2010 for its Star Walk for iPad app. The company consists of two departments: Research & Development Department and Marketing Department with 30 employees in total. Copyright (C) 2011-2013 Vito Technology Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.