London, United Kingdom – Indie creative studio, Club 15CC, has just released Sound Wand 1.0.1, the first in a series of new apps for the iPhone 4+ and iPad 2+ which leverage the built-in motion sensors to create very unique and sophisticated virtual musical instruments. Sound Wand lets you create sublime, original music by moving your device through the air like a conductor. It’s like plucking invisible harp strings which surround you. The end result is that it is easy for anyone, even the youngest child, to create harmonious music, yet it is sensitive enough for seasoned musicians and even viable for live performance.
“I’ve tried a lot of ‘anyone can make music’ apps in the past, and they’ve not always lived up to the hype…but I should have been more optimistic…I rather like Sound Wand…” – Cult Of Mac
“Can’t put it down – the sound is amazing! This is more than just a fun app – it’s also an amazing stress release. Turn down the lights sit back and relax…” – UK reviewer
“A very unique and sophisticated virtual musical instrument…” – The Next Web
* Jaw dropping app wow-factor – never fails to make everyone smile
* Liberates you from hyper-focus on a tiny screen. The “play zone” is all around you
* Lush, hi-definition sound professionally sampled from a real harp
* Crisp, sparkling graphics and vivid colour make it beautiful to play and to watch
* Lots to discover. Play different harmonies and scales including Blues, Oriental, Pentatonics, Spanish Flamenco, Arpeggios, and special scales for specific moods and times of day
* Jam over top of Apple’s Music and other audio apps
* An app which is only possible on the Apple platform. Can’t do this on Android!
* Settings to accommodate lefties and righties as well as to facilitate playing with 2 phones at once
=Performance and Compatibility:
Sound Wand is high performance application that requires iPhone 4 or newer running iOS 5 (you might need to update your phone in iTunes). While it has been optimised to work smoothly on the minimum specifications, even with other apps in the background, it is recommended to reboot the device occasionally for maximum performance. Also, while play is definitely tailored more for smaller devices, we’ve been told it works splendidly on the iPad.
* iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, 4G iPod touch
* iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, 3G iPad and iPad Wi-Fi + 4G
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 5.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Sound Wand 1.0.1 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Club 15CC is a small, indie, digital creativity studio, based in London, UK, specialising in inspirational media for brands under spiritual lifestyle organisation, Amritvela. Sound Wand’s loving creator is also a producer and musician who is passionate about adding organic feel into digital music, opening up the experience of music creation to everyone, and just simply dreaming up and creating really cool things. More instruments and apps are planned for the very near future. Copyright (C) 2012 Club 15CC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.