Sofia, Bulgaria – ONYX Apps today is pleased to introduce Spectrum Analyzer 1.0 for iOS, their low-cost, audio analysis app with 3 built-in functions: Octave Band RTA, FFT Plot, and Spectrograph. Designed to exploit the advanced capabilities of iOS 6, the app features a Test Tone and White/Pink Noise Generator, numerous on-screen controls for each function, touch-sensitive frequency graphs, digital readout of multiple bands, and precision measurement accurate to 1 Hz. The app accommodates input from the device’s internal mic, headphone jack line-in, or optional USB connector. Use of an external, omnidirectional, testing mic is recommended. Ideal for room tuning or speaker tuning, Spectrum Analyzer enables portable, affordable, precision audio testing and measurement.
Spectrum Analyzer for iOS Functions:
* Octave Band RTA (Real-Time Analyzer) – splits the audible range into frequency bands. It supports ISO Octave bands from Full to 1/6 Octave (10, 30, or 60). Configuration options include: FFT Size (2048, 4096, 8192, or 16384), Decay Mode (Fast, Slow, Infinite, or Average), and Peak Tracking (Off, Auto, or Peak Hold). Two graphics modes are supported: Classic mode, where bands are drawn as simple bars; and Modern mode, where the whole spectrum is represented by a colorful analog graph (continuous visible light spectrum from red to violet). Other options include: Draggable Cursor, Left, Right, and L+R modes when stereo input is used. Vertical scroll is used to adjust the dB scale offset (visible range).
* FFT Plot (Fast Fourier Transform) – plots real-time raw spectrum graph. It is useful for detailed analysis and isolating particular frequencies. Options include FFT Size, Averaging Mode, Logarithmic or Linear Frequency Scale, and FFT Window function (Hamming, Blackman, or Rectangular). Again, Cursors, Peak Tracking, and dB offset are supported, as well as input channel selection.
* Spectrograph – plots Frequency over Time Spectrograms of surrounding sounds, music, etc. It can be used to reveal images “hidden” in sound. Options include Decade or Linear Scale, Speed, and Gain adjustment. Several Color Palettes are available suiting different applications.
In comparison to similar offerings on the App Store, Spectrum Analyzer has several distinct advantages. First, it has been designed from the ground up to take full advantage of the newest features and capabilities of iOS 6. Second, it is a completely integrated app. Users do not need to purchase different apps for different measurements – all 3 digital audio analysis modules are included and work together. Third, there are no plug-ins or in-app purchases available or required. The app is complete and self-contained. Fourth, Spectrum Analyzer is among the least expensive audio analysis apps available. Fifth, the app harnesses the computational and graphical power of its host iDevice to provide precision, real-time readouts that are smooth and responsive. Sixth, the app can be used with an external mic via the headphone jack or through an optional USB connector available via Apple’s camera connection kit. Seventh, and last, the integrated app incorporates outstanding ergonomics that allow effortless movement between functions with the right hand thumb, touch controls, multiple digital readouts, draggable graph cursors with numeric readouts, and high-resolution Retina display graphics.
* Precision RTA, FFT, and Spectrograph
* Retina display ready
* Digital signal processing and advanced algorithms provide accuracy to 1 Hz
* Built-in Test Tone and White/Pink Noise Generator
* Accepts internal or external mic inputs
* Measures audible frequencies from 20 Hz to 22 kHz
“Whether you are an audiophile, music producer, musician, audio/recording engineer, acoustician, or just interested in the world of sound, Spectrum Analyzer offers invaluable measurement capabilities and interactive learning,” commented Eugene Klein of ONYX Apps. “You’ll be impressed by the app’s integrated functions, accuracy, ease of use, hi-res graphics, and comparatively low cost.”
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad 1/2/3
* Requires iOS 6
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 9.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Spectrum Analyzer 1.0 for iOS is $14.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category. Review copies are available on request.
ONYX Apps is an independent software studio based in Sofia, Bulgaria. They have prior experience in multimedia and communication services, and recently entered the App Store market with several apps. The founder and CEO is Eugene Klein. Copyright (C) 2012 ONYX Apps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.