New York, New York – Sports Feed LLC announces Sports Feed 1.3 for iOS. Sports Feed is a fast and simple way to follow headlines, final scores and highlights across all four major U.S. Sports. It’s the best sports news app you’ll ever use. Sports Feed is different from other apps in 3 key ways:
* Design: Sports Feed is clean yet easy to understand. Easily flick through the beautiful visual timeline to quickly catch up on-the-go. Flip a scorecard to see the box score & full recap. Watch HD clips directly from your feed. Sports updates never looked this good.
* Crowd-sourced editing: Instead of aggregating every piece of sports content, that may or may not be interesting, Sports Feed’s smart curation algorithms continuously examine the daily news stream – across all the major sports sites – filtering down to only the stories that fans are talking about. This means you’ll always see timely & relevant content from authoritative sources whenever you open the app.
* Speed: Sports Feed has been designed & optimized from the ground up to deliver the fastest & most responsive user experience possible on iOS. Nanosecond optimizations under-the-hood add up to a super quick launch & less time waiting for new content. Its something you must truly experience to appreciate.
Sports Feed has been in private beta for about a month. Today is the official public launch coinciding with a new version sporting several new features, including the ability to watch HD Video directly from the app.
Sports Feed is currently self-funded and based in New York City.
On why Sports Feed instead of Oracle:
“My friends and family tell me i’m crazy for leaving a great job at Oracle – especially to try and compete heads-on with giants like ESPN – but given great design and the iOS platform, it’s finally possible to build a truly amazing sports news experience. As a fan, that’s too exciting for me to ignore.”
On New York:
“I feel like New York is the perfect home for Sports Feed. NYC has become a world class place to build the next big thing. There are so many mobile, design & media focused startups here. The community has been great and I’ve loved working out of the new 500 Startups NYC co-working space. I’m excited to be building Sports Feed here from day one.”
English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 1.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Sports Feed 1.3 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Sports category.
Sports Feed LLC is currently self-funded and based in New York City. Sports Feed was designed and developed by Mike Wadhera. Mike Wadhera is an entrepreneur and sports nut based in New York City. When Oracle acquired his startup last year (where he was the lead engineer), Mike left the comfort of a cushy corporate career to take a serious shot at re-inventing the sports app. Copyright (C) 2013 Sports Feed LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.