Startup ImGame Introduces New Social Network to Keep Gamers In-Touch
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida – Independent development group ImGame announces the immediate availability of their new free social gaming platform with its first application on the iTunes App Store. The initial version of the ImGame app sees rich functionality such as sharing gamers’ check-in activity across Facebook and Twitter, “PWN’ing” titles (similar to how Foursquare rewards its users who check-in to a location the most with “mayorships”), custom-designed badges for game titles and special events, commenting, and networking features. Push notifications are also available to keep gamers updated whenever their friends check-in to a title, makes a comment on their activity, requests a connection or wins a token.
Users can discover new titles by viewing the activity history of the network and their friends to track trending popularity or re-discovering forgotten titles they’ve played long ago. A user can easily see which majority of their friends are playing a specific title on a specific platform without sending text messages or firing up multiple consoles and comparing activity.
“We’re gamers first and foremost, so bringing gamers together and enabling title discovery across any gaming platform users are on helps,” said James Hall, the application developer and co-founder. “Whether it’s aligning gamers with their friends on which platform and title every one’s playing to sharing which titles they like the most, we’re hoping gamers spend less time trying to get a multiplayer match going and jump right into the action.”
The application isn’t the first to market, but the developers and its early beta users agree that it’s the most polished out of the growing niche base. Being called the “definitive check-in app for gamers” by some of its users, the team spent the past few months enhancing the user interface, custom badges, down to the notification sounds users hear when they receive push updates.
“This is just the beginning,” said Joshua Corliss, the app’s designer and co-founder. “We’re looking to increase the social aspect of the app by enabling new ways of sharing data between users and meeting new gamers. We’re also looking into opportunities for seamless branding partnerships in a way that benefits brands as much as it does our user without being perceived as annoying. Independent game developers will have as much involvement as bigger publishers.”
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 13.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ImGame 1.0.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
ImGame is a new video game social network connecting you with your friends across social channels and consoles. Check-in to games, and other ImGamers connected to you automatically get push notifications letting others know that you’re online and gaming. Copyright (C) 2011 ImGame. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Follow Us On
Rudimentary Methods For cheap payday loans online A New Breakdown
- Professional-grade portrait touch ups with Visage Lab for iOS
- Explore virtually unlimited music possibilites with Music Tubee for iOS
- Looking for college books? Check out CollegeBooks for iPhone
- Bored? Kill some time with Smashing Egg Tido for iOS
- Check out this cool Unity-powered 3D role playing game called Axe and Fate
- Take control of your Windows computer with your Android device with Windows Controller
- Challenge your brain with fun and addictive mini-games in TouchMii for iPhone
- Keep your documents on the iPhone safe with Scan and Protect!
- The Max in Poker Enjoyment is available with 888poker Mobile HD
- Tickle your brain with this awesome puzzle game for iPhone
- Check out this extraordinarily difficult, yet extremely addicting puzzel game for Android
- Create and edit your spreadsheets in style with Permanent for iPad
- Wake up & stay in touch with the world with Clock Weather News for iPhone!
- Discrete and private messaging with iDelete for iPhone
- Share your photo memories in style with Picerty for iPhone
Tagsandroid android app android game android review app application appoday app review appshrink blackberry CCleaner command featured free game review giveaway giveaways images infographic ipad ipad app ipad game ipad review iphone iphone app iphone game iphone review ipod lifetopix mac app mac review news organizer os x panorama press release promo code promo codes review submit app submit press release terminal tips touch tweaks