London, United Kingdom – Stop wasting, start tasting! Join our superhero Herocery in the battle to reduce grocery wastage through the discovery of new & innovative recipes. GroceryHero reminds you of the expiration dates of groceries in your store whilst enabling the discovery innovative recipes based on these ingredients. Scan & store groceries by barcodes, quick add items used before. Discover new and innovate recipes based on the grocery ingredients in your store. Be reminded of the expiration dates of stored items.
Milk, Egg and Cheese = Spanish Omelette, Frittata, Cheddar Scones, Carrot Cake Pancakes… to name a few! Search over 1 million recipes via the ingredients in your store. Research has shown that up to a quarter of the 10Bn cost of food wastage in the UK is due directly to the lack of utilisation of groceries before their expiration date, with the issue being compounded worldwide. It’s time we act!
* Simple, quick and easy to use interface
* Scan and store groceries with barcodes, quick add items used before
* Store items without barcodes (i.e. fruit and veg or leftovers)
* Discover new and innovate recipes based on the grocery ingredients in your store
* Be reminded of the expiration dates of stored grocery items
* Organise your grocery items between your fridge, freezer and pantry
* Get estimated nutrition information for selected recipes (i.e. Energy (KCAL), Cholesterol, Sugar, Protein) per serving
* Get yield and preparation time for selection recipes
* Email selected recipes
* Tweet your recipe activity
* Earn ‘Hero Credit’ for doing the right thing!
GroceryHero sources recipes from the following sites:
AllRecipes, Chow, Epicurious, Food Network, Food.com, I Adore Food!, Leite’s Culinaria, Martha Stewart, MyRecipes, Naturally Ella, See less, Once Upon A Chef, Serious Eats, Simply Recipes, Taste of Home, The Pioneer Woman & The Shiksa in the Kitchen.
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 4.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
GroceryHero 1.2 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Food & Drink category.
GroceryHero UK founded 2012 to battle grocery wastage worldwide. Copyright (C) 2013 GroceryHero. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.