Irving, Texas – SwarmLocal 1.5, a mobile app currently available in the iTunes marketplace and Google Play Store, lets you form instant groups of people in close geographical proximity. Allowing an instant channel of mass communication among people sharing a common goal and in close proximity opens the door to a myriad possibilities of teamwork.
SwarmLocal introduces the concept of ‘swarming’. Swarm behaviour, or swarming, is a collective behavior exhibited by animals which aggregate together, perhaps milling about the same spot or perhaps moving en masse or migrating in some direction.
SwarmLocal allows you to create or join, mobile or fixed swarms, or groups. Anonymous users within a Swarm’s range have the ability to join the swarm. Once a Swarm membership drops to zero the Swarm is automatically destroyed.
Whats new in version 1.5?
* Users now have the ability to look at the track of a mobile Swarm’s progress with time
* Users can now choose to ignore messages from specific users within the group
* New UI
* Connect with anyone within geographical range
* Remain anonymous
* Ability to get notified when new Swarms are formed in your range
* Swarms get destroyed automatically when membership falls to zero
* Ability to create mobile Swarms where the Swarm can move with the Host
English and Chinese
* iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation) and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later, Android 4.0.3 or later
* 1.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
SwarmLocal 1.5 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store and on Google Play in the Social Networking category.
Located in Denton, Texas, EtherGloo Inc is a privately held company founded by Durga Dash, whose focus is on developing applications for the iOS platform. Copyright (C) 2013 EtherGloo Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.