Albuquerque, New Mexico – Byte Works, Inc., today released techBASIC 3.0, which supports the new O’Reilly book, Building iPhone & iPad Electronics Projects. This hands-on book includes detailed project instructions and complete source code showing how to create real-world Arduino, sensor and Bluetooth low energy apps for iOS devices using techBASIC. The early release version of the book is available in Ebook format from the O’Reilly website.
This book is ideal for hobbyists, students, professional engineers, industrial designers, and inventors who have been dying to access the unique capabilities of the iPhone and iPad.
The software from the book comes preloaded in techBASIC – nothing to type, nothing to download. Each technology gets two treatments in the book, starting with a simple project that shows how to hook it up, then adding a fun project to put the technology to use.
* The book starts with the internal sensors, showing how to access the accelerometer, magnetometer and gyroscope; then turn an iPhone into a metal detector
* After learning how to electronically connect to HiJack through the headphone port, step by step instructions are given to make a plant moisture meter
* The basics of how to connect to Bluetooth low energy devices are covered using the TI SensorTag; which then takes flight on a model rocket to collect data
Upcoming chapters include even more great projects like:
* How to connect an iPhone or iPad to an Arduino and a Bluetooth LE shield; then hack a R/C car and control it from an iOS device
* Also included will be accessing a servo using WiFi; and using BLE as a slave device
techBASIC is the only technical computing environment on iOS and provides easy access to all the capabilities of the iPhone and iPad. Paired with the new book from O’Reilly Media, Building iPhone and iPad Electronics Projects, the potential for fun and productive projects is unlimited.
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 11.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
techBASIC 3.0 is $14.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. The Building iPhone & iPad Electronics Projects book is $23.99 available in an Early Release Ebook Version from O’Reilly Media.
The Byte Works has been creating quality Apps for People Who Think(TM) since 1982. Current directions include apps for scientific programming, calculators and astronomy programs for iOS. Past efforts include developing Apple Programmers Workshop and the award winning ORCA line of compilers for the Apple IIGS, the HyperLogo(TM) scripting language for HyperStudio(TM), and MediaBlender(TM), a multimedia authoring tool for education. Copyright (C) 2013 The Byte Works. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.