Burbank, California – Thank Dog! Bootcamp today is pleased to introduce Thank Dog! Mobile App 1.0 free for iPhone/iPod touch, their health & fitness app that allows users to enjoy a challenging program of cardio and strength training, plus dog obedience training, all at the same time. Based on the highly successful TDBC founded in LA in 2008, the app includes 20 1-hour routines, enough for a month. Users can listen to any music shuffle or playlist as they are guided through each routine. Periodically, the music fades and users receive instructions over earphones. All walking/jogging/running and strength-building exercises are performed accompanied by their dog, and dog obedience commands are integrated into every part of the routine. Exercises are performed with the aid of a resistance band worn like a sash, and users can refer to the app’s user interface at any time to pause, repeat, look at graphics, or view how-to videos.
* Complete exercise program for people and their dogs
* Integrated dog obedience training during cardio and strength workouts
* 20 different 1-hour routines focus on all major muscle groups
* Listen to music during the routine
* GPS support provides total distance covered at the end of the workout
* Share a workout on Facebook or Twitter
* App website loaded with information, images and tips
Thank Dog! Bootcamp is a truly innovative solution for experienced fitness buffs and beginners alike. The cardiovascular parts of the program benefit both dogs and their owners, making both physically tired and mentally stimulated. Included are a variety of heart rate boosting activities, such as jogs, sprints, high knees, wide steps, and more. At every step, users are encouraged to go at their own pace, substituting activities of lesser or greater difficulty whenever appropriate.
The resistance band is used throughout the routine, as users receive instruction through various strength-training exercises while their dog learns to stay. The five days of each week are each devoted to different parts of the body, so that all major muscle groups are worked. The app’s interface displays the image and description of the current exercise, and instructional videos help users perform all exercises correctly. There is also an app website that contains the same information and much more to support the user experience (see links below).
While the Thank Dog! Bootcamp facility in LA incorporates 9 dog commands in their program, the Thank Dog! Mobile App includes only the 4 most basic: heel, sit, down, and stay. Whenever users are moving, they are simultaneously working with the leash, commands, and treats to help train the dog to heel. Commands are given rapidly, as users circle their dog, which is in down or sit position.
On launch in portrait orientation, there are eight buttons, allowing the user to navigate to any part of the app. They include:
* How It Works – detailed, narrative YouTube video of how the program works
* Teach Commands 1-4 – 5 YouTube videos that instruct the user how to teach their dog the commands used in the program
* Workout Routines – 20 different workouts used in the app
* Exercises – every exercise and cardio performed in the app (more than 50)
* Dog Commands – the Command Menu contains every command performed in the app
* Music Playlist/Settings – before selecting the routine, users choose their songs from the Music Playlist/Settings page
* Info/About – app credits and a link to the Thank Dog! Bootcamp, LLC website
* Past Workouts – a page that lists all past workouts, including full details
“If you’re into fitness and you have a dog…a tired dog is a good dog, a trained dog is an even better dog!” stated Jill Bowers of Thank Dog! Bootcamp. “Get your iPhone, grab your leash and come train with us!”
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S, iPod touch (3rd/4th generation), and iPad 1/2/3
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* Some instructional videos require an Internet connection
* 22.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Thank Dog! Mobile App for iOS is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Health & Fitness category. The full program can be unlocked through an in-app purchase of $2.99 (USD).
Based in Burbank, California, Thank Dog! Bootcamp (TDBC) was founded by Jill and Jamie Bowers in 2008. TDBC is the nation’s first, one stop fitness program that combines weight training, cardio training and obedience training for dogs and their owners. The company’s mission is to transform the lives of people and their dogs by providing a unique and challenging, yet fun fitness program that combines body workouts and dog obedience for the healthy success of both man and his best friend. After receiving requests from all around the world for a local TDBC branch, the company decided they could give the world a taste of Thank Dog! via their smartphones, and thus Thank Dog! Mobile was born. Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Thank Dog! Bootcamp (TDBC). All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.