London, United Kingdom – Therapy Box today announces the release of their popular educational app, Sort This Out Pack 1.2, in Danish. The multi award winning company is the leading European app development house specializing in apps for special education, speech therapy and alternative access for people with disabilities.
Sort This Out Pack is a fun educational game designed to work on skills required for categorization. Have fun sorting items into 2 categories to load your train so it can leave the station. Using animation and fun sounds, this app is designed for pre-school and early primary school students to use it in the classroom and at home. With the ability to tailor the categories and items to suit your child, you can target relevant vocabulary or concepts in a fun and motivating app.
Sort This Out Pack has been carefully translated and localized for Danish students, with Therapy Box working closely with their partner, Kommunikationscentret in Hillerod, to ensure that the content is relevant for Danish children. This app follows the previous successful release of the top selling Predictable Dansk, an iPad app designed for people with little or no spoken communication. It is currently being used by many Danish people with communication disabilities following stroke, cerebral palsy or motor neuron disease.
One speech and language pathologist said, “So this is a spiffy language therapy app that packs a powerful punch for intervention. At first glance this is simply a nice vocabulary sorting app, with 22 categories you can sort into two train cars as you make your way around a little island. Then you hit Settings and realize you can put anything into categories for sorting. You can use your own photos and sort family/friends, favorite places, curriculum targets and your own picture symbols from your device. Wonderful, adaptable app!” – Vicki K. Clarke, Speech Language Pathologist
* Customize the journey for each child. Personalize the app by adding your own names to the stations
* Choose from over 22 everyday categories each with 12 possible items. Create your own categories for targeting curriculum related vocabulary
* Amazing animation and fun sound effects means that this app is motivating and fun
* Choose errorless learning mode to help beginners by ensuring success. Increase difficulty and remove errorless learning as the child progresses
* A fun certificate of results at the end of a journey can be emailed and shared
* Engaging and clear Widgit symbols. Add photos or images to personalize the app to suit your child
* Suitable for pre-school and primary school students, with a fun game designed to be engaging and motivating
* 264 clear colorful Widgit symbols to sort into categories
* Choice of 22 categories covering a range of everyday items and concepts
* Customizable set up of the game, to allow for targeting specific vocabulary or concepts
* Option for adding your own images
* Record labels for each of the items for added auditory feedback
* Option to turn on errorless learning. Errorless learning promotes early success, by not allowing the child to move an item into an incorrect carriage, it will “bump” out the item and encourage the child to allocate the item to the correct carriage. Turn of errorless learning to increase the level of difficulty and promote problem solving skill development
* Choose to display the symbol (or image) only, the symbol and the word or just the word. By having this choice you can focus on different skills relevant to the child’s literacy levels. Auditory feedback for each of the items
* Ability to turn off the music loop or audio support to reduce distractions if needed
* Ability to pause the app to encourage discussion or to pace the app to suit the student’s needs
* Colorful results table can be emailed out of the app for the student or to share with parents
* In app “How To Play” guide with simple steps
English and Danish
* Requires iPad with iOS 6.0 or later
* 166 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Sort This Out Pack 1.2 is $13.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Therapy Box was founded in 2010 and is lead by a speech and language therapist, Rebecca Bright, and commercial director, Swapnil Gadgil. With 11 apps in the iTunes app store and several more apps scheduled for release in 2013, the company has been awarded a Mphasis Universal Design Award, a Naidex New Product of the Year Award and is currently in the top 2 shortlist for the Ericsson App Awards to be announced May 22, 2013. Copyright (C) 2013 Therapy Box. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.