Stockholm, Sweden – MindApps announces The Mindfulness App II (v.1.0), the sequel to the popular meditation app, now available in the App Store. Meditation has Many effects that make us more harmonious people, as we start to feel better. And when we are harmonious, we are also more compassionate and open to things around us.
“We want to help make the world a better place by making meditation accessible to all people, wherever they are. And the mobile phone you always carry with you,” says Martin Wikfalk, mindfulness teacher and one of the founder of Mindapps.
It is scientifically proven that meditation improves our sleep, results in better relationships, stronger immune system and greater self-awareness. It reduces our feelings of stress at the same time as it makes us more effective. In other words your quality of life improves, as well as your ability to handle the everyday puzze and negative thoughts that often want to intrude.
“You become more grounded and steady. When negative thoughts comes it is easier to see through them,” says Magnus Fridh, also a meditation teacher and the other founder of Mindapps.
It’s not complicated to get started and it does not need not be particularly time consuming. Shorter meditations more often is better than longer meditations more seldom. Scientific studies have shown that positive effects of meditation are noticeable in the body only after a few weeks of meditation for 20 minutes.
The great thing about the apps is that you can meditate anytime, anywhere: on the bus on the way to work, in bed at night or when you go for a walk. We get very positive response from our users, and a person who has downloaded the app wrote that she stays five minutes in the car every day and medi- tate before getting into the family. As a re-start after work, says Magnus.
During the past three months more than 350,000 meditations were completed through the apps and The Mindfulness app is one of the most downloaded health apps in Scandinavia. Mindapps is now releasing The Mindfulness App II, with ten new meditations, six guided and four silent, the ability to set your own length, and the option to set reminders in various ways. With these two apps in the mobile phone no one need to miss the opportunity to meditate.
As a part of our vision to change the world through meditation, we have translated the apps into English, French, German and Danish. During the autumn, they will be launched in Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Norwegian says Magnus.
The Mindfulness App II is a tool to be more fully here in the life that we’re living.
* You can easily choose among 6 new guided meditations – Mountain meditation, Lake meditation, Lovingkindness meditation, Standing meditation, Walking meditation and a longer Body Scan. Choose the type of meditation that suits you in the moment – for example if you have some time in the subway, on the bus, in a queue or if you just want to sit for a while
* By setting reminders at times and days of your choice you can get a message when it’s time to meditate
* You can also set reminders randomly or be reminded when you arrive or leave a specific location
* 40 new Mindfulness Notices that helps you increase your presence in daily life
* Through the Mindfulness App II you can simply “call yourself up” from time to time to check whether you really are there
* All completed meditations are stored in the statistics section so that you can follow how your meditation practice is developing over time
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 28.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The Mindfulness App II (v.1.0) is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Health & Fitness category.
MindApps develops tools to help people find a better balance in today’s increasingly stressful existence. We use the latest technology to come closer to ourselves. Our latest App, “The Mindfulness App II”, is a tool to become more present in your life. MindApps is a company that is run by Martin Wikfalk, Mindfulness and Yoga instructor and Magnus Fridh, Yoga instructor and musician. Copyright (C) 2012 MindApps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.