Sackville (NB) Canada – Tidal Pool Software has announced the release of BeanCounter 1.0 for Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion. BeanCounter is a powerful yet easy to use professional bookkeeping, time-tracking, and invoicing application. It features double-entry accounting, multiple currency support, and a simple one window user interface. Manage accounts, clients, projects, merchants, and bills for an unlimited number of businesses. Stay on top of your business with detailed reports and graphs.
Add transactions in any currency with support for custom fields and attachments. Attach photos, scans, voice memos, and files such as receipts, invoices, and other documents to each transaction. Define custom accounting periods of varying length that may be manually closed to prevent changes. Automatically clear down nominal accounts at the end of each accounting period. BeanCounter also includes support for split and repeat transactions. Share data with import and export transaction support (including attachments).
Track project task time and expenses for clients. A built-in time tracker allows you to track time from BeanCounter or the included menulet. Generate customized estimates and invoices showing itemized tasks and expenses. Keep track of outstanding invoice balances and manage incoming payments.
* Double-entry, accrual accounting
* Create and manage an unlimited number of businesses (one file per business)
* Easy to use one window per business user interface
* Support for self-proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations
* organize accounts, clients, merchants, and reports by groups
* create 16 types of accounts (including accounts receivable and accounts payable)
* Add transactions in any currency with automatic conversion (or manually record converted values)
* Add custom transaction fields for local taxes, payment type, completion dates, or anything else
* Custom field types include checkbox, currency, date, list, number, percent, tags, list
* Configure which transaction fields to display and sort for each account
* Car mileage support (miles/kilometres) including start/stop values
* Attach photos, voice memos, and other files to transactions (with preview)
* Directly attach photos from cameras and documents from scanners to transactions
* Split and repeating transactions
* Import and export transactions with attachments
* Define custom accounting periods of varying length
* Manually close accounting periods preventing editing of transactions during that time period
* Optional nominal account transfer for each accounting period
* Create clients for managing projects with tasks, task items, expenses, and invoices
* Add project tasks with tax and hourly rates
* Time tracker tracks task time in application and menulet
* Minimum task time and idle time warning preferences
* Send estimate/project invoices with itemized list of tasks and expenses
* Select which invoice fields to include and customize titles
* Create merchants for tracking bills and payments
* Generate seven types of reports with graphs (CSV, PDF, and HTML)
* Option to select comparison date for reports
* Summary view displays totals for assets, liabilities, and equity (including current income and expenses)
* Search transactions, units, and values
* Select custom colours for items and states
* Autocomplete text values
Note: BeanCounter includes 25 free transactions. Upgrade to Pro (via in-app purchase) for unlimited transactions.
* Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later
Pricing and Availability:
BeanCounter 1.0 is available immediately for download from the Apple Mac Store and directly from Tidal Pool Software’s website. The application is free to download and includes 25 transactions. Upgrade to Pro via in-app purchase for $39.99 (USD) for unlimited transactions.
Tidal Pool Software is an independent software company dedicated to writing great Mac OS X and iOS applications. The company is based in Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada. Copyright 2012 Tidal Pool Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.