Stratford, Connecticut – The stylish redesign of top-rated iPhone photography app Photo Notes in the latest iOS update, demonstrates Angry Chicken Software’s commitment to user experience.
The redesign focuses on a seamless flow of user interaction with controls that appear when they are needed, and slide away when they aren’t. The user interface is now more consistent with iOS design principals leading to a more intuitive experience.
New Functions Include:
* A ‘save to favorites’ option in the pro version, available for upgrade in the free version
* A multiple page feature in the pro version, available for upgrade in the free version
* A “Smart” trash can, that makes the last three deleted items available to restore
* Shortcuts for adding text shapes, adding collage shapes, adding clipart and changing colors
* Dozens of custom fonts
* Context aware popup help. There when you need it, not there when you don’t
“Now more than ever, users want an app that looks great, is easy to use, and – above all – does what they expect it to,” says Colin Phillips, founder and developer of Angry Chicken Software. “The new version of Photo Notes is by far the best photo captioning app on the App Store. Our beta testers have been raving about the new design. It’s working on so many levels.”
‘Favorites’ Improves Consistency And Speed:
The new ‘favorites’ feature makes creating a Photo Note faster. It also makes it easier to create a consistent looks for business, or for fun. Photo Notes version 3.0.1 adds even more convenience to Photo Note creation. Just tap the “add to favorites” star to remember your design for next time. Select your saved favorite to recall it when starting a new Photo Note.
Additionally, Angry Chicken developers have embedded color “memory” in the custom color tool to make it faster and easier to match text, background, and border colors.
Help Screen Integration:
The shift to pop-up help screens in Photo Notes 3.0.1 keeps users up-to-speed on new features while refreshing them on the design flexibility and depth of features available to them.
“Photo Notes has so much to offer, from simple text on a photo to creating gorgeous collages,” Phillips says. “And all of it can be shared socially or printed on a physical postcard or even an iPhone case. I get excited when I think about how easily users can discover how powerful this app is!”
More Upgrades, Better Options:
Photo Notes Free users continue to have access to all of the apps suite of standard features, including the social sharing options. Upgrades have expanded and made available for in-app purchase.
Now free users who want to upgrade to the features of Photo Notes Pro can buy the all three upgrade options within the app at a discounted price, or pick and choose: Save to Favorites, Multiple Pages, and Lose the Ads.
Better Design Based On User Needs:
The Photo Notes redesign is a result of market feedback, careful research of competition and iOS changes. Angry Chicken’s founder says the key to Photo Notes success has always been a focus on user experience.
“We really listen to our beta testers and our users,” Phillips says. “We take their feedback – in their reviews and emails – and we use that information to rethink the way our apps work.”
Photo Notes Lets Users:
* Add thought bubbles, speech bubbles, and text to photos
* Control text, font, style, background color, opacity, and brightness
* Create photo collages
* Add borders and drop-shadows to shapes
* Add colorable clipart to photos
* Adjust transparency for a watermark effect
* Choose from standard fonts or dozens of custom fonts
* Zoom and scroll any image
* Choose an image from the Photo Library or use the device’s camera from within Photo Notes
* Rotate shapes 360 degrees
* Re-size shapes from all four corners – words wrap and resize automatically
* Drag the pointer to move speech or thought bubbles
* Recover the last three deleted shapes from the trash
* Use the duplicate tool for an efficient way to create multiple shapes
* Share the Photo Note at original resolution without a loss in quality
* Use the Aviary suite of tools to enhance the underlying photo or the finished product
* Change default settings from within Photo Notes
Sharing Options Include:
* Save Photo Notes to the camera roll
* Share via email
* Share via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Flickr
* Create postcards, iPhone cases, coffee mugs and more
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later (iOS 5.1 tested)
* 22.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Photo Notes Pro 3.0.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. An identical, free version of Photo Notes 3.0.1 (Photo Notes Free) is ad-supported and also available.
Based in Stratford, Connecticut, Angry Chicken Inc. is owned by independent software developer, Colin Phillips. Leveraging over 20 years of experience in development, he focuses on iOS application development. Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Angry Chicken Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.