New York, New York – Toughturtle LLC today is proud to announce the release of Dive Bonaire, the first interactive dive site App for iOS. Tailored specifically for the scuba diver while either on, or off, the island of Bonaire, the App gives the user a wealth of information in an easy-to-use and feature-rich user interface. Dive Bonaire was created by divers, for divers.
Bonaire’s pristine reefs and diverse marine life are unique to the Caribbean, and diving Bonaire is like diving the Caribbean the way it used to be – untouched and unspoiled. And so, the Dive Bonaire App is unique and the way a diving App should be – interactive and universally informative.
The user interface of the App couldn’t be simpler. Upon launch, the user is presented with a full screen map of their location. Non-bonaire locations will be prompted to zoom directly to the map of Bonaire. With over 100 dive sites automatically plotted on the map, the user can zoom, scroll, and tap on a dive site to be presented with the dive site name and its rating. Tapping on the icon will open a detailed information screen chock full of everything you need to know about that site, even the distance from the user. From here you can rate, add personal notes, and mark the site as did dive, plan to dive, or did not dive. This feature creates a Dive Log (“bucket list”) so you can remember which sites you want to dive at a later time. A comprehensive list of dive sites, sorted by name, distance, snorkeling, and the previously mentioned Dive Log, is included that quickly showcases the name, location, distance, and rating.
The beautiful Fish Identification feature of the App highlights over 115 fish, creatures, and corals that are found in Bonaire. Scroll through the list, each with thumbnail images, and tap on an item to reveal a detailed screen of information. From there you can mark the fish, creature, or coral as seen at any of the dive site locations which will create a personal Fish Id log. And what would a dive App be without up to the minute weather conditions and five day forecasts. All this and much more.
Features of the App:
* Over 100 dive sites automatically plotted on the fully interactive map
* Tap to get all the important information about a dive site: location, coordinates, distance, diver experience, depth, current, visibility, dangers, and more
* Updated dive site ratings from the global network of the App’s users
* Add notes, rate, and mark a dive site to your personal “Bucket List”
* Fish identification: featuring name, binomial nomenclature, descriptions, and the ability to notate where you saw it
* Current weather information, including five day forecasts
* Avoid expensive roaming fees. Dive Bonaire can be used both online and offline. All content can be viewed instantly, from anywhere, without an internet connection
* Dive Bonaire is the most comprehensive app for Bonaire, with over 100 dive sites and identification for the local fish, creatures, and corals
* Detailed information about Bonaire and valuable shore diving tips to make the most out of your dives
* Settings to toggle between different date formats, units (imperial or metric), auto-zoom, and more
“I am really excited about the Dive Bonaire App,” said Todd Barnes, Lead Developer, Toughturtle LLC. “As a diver and a frequent visitor to Bonaire, I wanted to make an App that everyone could use before, during, and after their visit to Bonaire. I found the free paper maps to be a great resource, but in this smartphone/tablet world a truly native and interactive dive site solution is a must. The addition of the fish identification was also key to the App. Reference books are great for fish id, but can become overwhelming when they showcase all Caribbean marine life. This way, the main Bonaire fish, creatures, and corals are already pulled out and organized for you.”
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3/4/5 gen) and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 34.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Dive Bonaire 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Sports category.
Established in November 1997, Toughturtle LLC develops innovative and easy to use interactive applications for the Internet and for Mobile Devices. For more information about Toughturtle, please visit their website. Copyright 2013 Toughturtle LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.