Joao Pessoa, PB, Brazil – Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is the main cause of mortality and morbidity in the young population worldwide. Knowing this reality, it is vital that every health professional (especially medical students, general practitioners, neurologists, neurosurgeons, and intensive care physicians) dominates the subject.
The TBI application aims to aid in learning on this complex subject. The content was developed by a team of neurosurgeons that actuate in Santa Casa de Belo Horizonte – MG (Brazil) and are members of NEUROSURGERY BLOG. It is composed by physicians: Dr. Mauro Cruz Machado Borgo, Dr. Lucas Alverne Freitas de Albuquerque, Dr. Julio Leonardo Barbosa Pereira, Dr. Jose Lopes Filho, Dr. Marcello Penholatte Faria, and Prof. Dr. Gervasio Teles Cardoso de Carvalho.
The application has more than 10 schematic figures, and more than 20 pictures of real cases, main neurological scales, and updated surgical indications to facilitate learning. The contents are laid out in an practical and easy-to-read way with a native interface for iPhone/iPod touch and iPad.
Subjects approached in the application:
1. Introduction to Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
2. TBI physiopathology
3. TBI classifications
4. TBI clinical presentation
5. TBI complementary diagnosis
6. TBI treatment
7. TBI prognosis
8. Epidural hematoma
9. Acute subdural hematoma
10. Chronic subdural hematoma
11. Post-traumatic intraparenchymal hematoma
12. Concussion and diffuse axonal injury (dai)
13. Fracture of skull base
14. Wounds by firearms
15. Decompressive craniectomy
16. Principles for intensive management of severe TBI
17. Monitoring and intensive management of severe TBI
18. Basic principles for EVD management
19. Main clinical complications
20. Water and sodium metabolism disorder
21. Neurological exam in coma
22. Encephalic death
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 4.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) 1.0 is currently available worldwide through the App Store at a special launch price of $4.99 in the Medical category. More information and review copies are available upon request.
Fuze.cc is a Brazilian company located in Joao Pessoa, Paraiba, specialized in the development of applications for mobile devices. The company has released many apps for iOS and Android since its inception in November 2011, ranging from Games to Medical and general utility apps. Copyright (C) 2012 Fuze.cc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.