San Francisco, California – The ProCamera Team at Cocologics is pleased to release Barcode 1.0, the ultimate code scanner app for iPhone/iPad. It can scan, parse the contents of codes then offer actions depending on the contents. Unlike competing apps, this scanner can scan all common kinds of codes from the well-known QR codes and all sorts of EAN codes, to Data Matrix codes! It’s one of the fastest and most precise code scanners in the App Store. It also enables use of the built-in flash light (iPhone 4 + 4S) when scanning.
Users can use it for pure recognition, for price comparison with Amazon, or instantly browse the web for the scanned information. Users can also use its ability to directly apply the contents of any code they scan: they can add events to calendars, vCard information to address books, or open maps to the right locations – all with just one touch. And that’s only the beginning. Users can also easily share the scan results on Twitter or Facebook.
* Full-Auto Scan (hover over) to scan QR Code, Data Matrix, EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-E, UPC-A, ISBN-10, ISBN-13, I-25, CODE39 (3of9), CODE128, PDF417
* Contacts: Add individual fields to existing or new contact; call or send SMS to a phone number; send email
* Add events to Calendar
* Copy to clipboard
* Open map
* Open URL
* Open YouTube link
* Open iTunes link
* Open App Store link
* Call or send SMS to a phone number
* Send email
* Display WiFi credentials: Copy & Paste SSID, network type, and password to iOS Settings App
* Display EAN or ISBN: Search products in Amazon or web (opens in Safari app)
* Embedded Facebook integration: Post to wall
* Embedded Twitter integration: Send Tweets
* Torch light on devices with flash
Barcode can extract the following information from the codes it scans:
* Web page and Bookmark URLs
* Map URLs
* iTunes URLs
* Facebook URLs
* Data URLs
* GPS tags (geographical coordinates)
* vCard information
* vCal event information
* Phone numbers
* Email addresses
* YouTube video URL
* WiFi network information
* Plain text
More features will be coming soon! Try out the most professional code scanner app – Barcode!
Barcode supports 9 languages, including US English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Spanish, French, Italian, and Korean.
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, 4G iPod touch
* iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad and iPad Wi-Fi + 4G
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 4.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Barcode 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. For more information and media requests, please contact Jens Daemgen, Lead developer, 1.415.704.0207.
Cocologics is a successful start-up, located in Mannheim, Germany. Founder and owner Jens Damgen, renowned software developer and IT consultant, has been actively developing apps since the launch of the App Store. He is well known in the iOS-developer community for his seminars and video training DVDs (Video2Brain / Addison-Wesley). Copyright (C) 2012 Cocologics. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.