London, United Kingdom – useful slug is proud to introduce Grandmother’s Footsteps 1.0 for iOS. In the days of the Internet it can be hard to imagine how slowly things would go ‘viral’ a century or more ago. One game that has had such a spread is Grandmother’s Footsteps, at least that is one of the names it has been given in the UK. The game has spread over so many years and been adopted by so many, that it is known by a different name on every corner of the globe. The base rules however are all the same. With a new generation of young players and the game fading from many people’s memory, useful slug decided to bring the traditional game into the digital era.
The base rules that are found all over the world are as follows:
* A person starts out as the “Curator” and stands at the end of a field
* Everyone else playing stands at the far end. The object of the game is for a “Statue” to tag the Curator, thereby becoming the Curator and resetting the game
* The Curator turns their back to the field, and the “Statues” attempt to race across and tag the Curator
* Whenever the Curator turns around, the Statues must freeze in position and hold that for as long as the Curator looks at them
* If a Statue is caught moving, they are sent back to the starting line to begin again
Grandmother’s Footsteps for iOS plays as a party game, with each player tapping in one corner of the screen to make his character run, and holding to stand still when the person who is it turns around. When one player wins, he then controls the pace for all the other players on the next round. Although the game is the most fun to play with all your friends or family, the computer AI will take over a character after a period of inactivity, so when attention spans differ or the kettle is boiling, it’s easy to take a break from an ongoing game for one of the contestants, and rejoining is as easy as tapping back in.
* Very family friendly
* No in app purchases or advertisements
* Over 20 different amusing ways of failing to stop
* Great multiplayer experience for the whole family
* iOS 4.3 or later
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* 27.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Grandmother’s Footsteps 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Located in London, United Kingdom, useful slug was founded in 2006 by Vegard Myklebust. useful slug has previously helped create everything from award winning animated kids TV shows, to music videos, short films and games. In this title, Vegard created everything but the music, which was created by Hollywood based composer Haim Mazar. All Material and Software (C) 2012-2013 useful slug / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.