Zoetermeer, Netherlands – VeprIT is pleased to announce Resize Sense 1.3.1 for Mac OS X. Resize Sense (MacWorld Gem 2012) is a flexible batch image resizer with various resizing options suitable for any need. It stands out from other batch image resizers with the following distinctive features:
Saved user presets:
* A user performing repetitive tasks only needs to configure the resizing options once per task, and save it as a preset. It is even possible to apply multiple resizing presets to every image.
Manual per-image, per-preset crop (and even straighten) adjustment:
* Most other batch image resizers would at best allow to align the crop rectangle to the left/right/top/bottom, but a better control is often required.
Live final image preview:
* The user can see immediately how the final image will look after cropping, extending with solid borders, or distorting.
Batch image cropper & straightener functionality:
* For images of the same size, Resize Sense can be used as a bulk image cropper and straightener, because it supports copying & pasting the crop & straighten configuration between images.
Batch image format converter functionality:
* Resize Sense can be used to convert multiple images from any format supported by the operating system to JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, and BMP.
* Simple, intuitive, self-explanatory user interface
Resizing types supported in Resize Sense:
* Fixed width and height. The images will be cropped if required
* Fixed width or height. The other dimension will be computed based on the original image size
* Fixed output image dimensions. They are assigned to width and height based on the original image orientation. Will be cropped if required
* Fit to a box with defined width and height
* Fit to a box with defined dimensions. They are assigned to width and height based on the original image orientation
* Fixed longest edge size. The other edge will be computed based on the original image size
* Fixed shortest edge size. The other edge will be computed based on the original image size
* Crop only. A special type for the case if only cropping (without specific sizing) is needed
Resolution units (available when defining size in inches or centimeters):
* Pixels per inch
* Pixels per centimeter
Additional resizing options:
* Enlarge image if the original or the cropped part is too small for the requested size.
Choose how to fix the image aspect ratio if it changes (if the requested size is not proportional to the original). Resize Sense offers the following solutions to this problem:
* Crop the image, aligning the crop rectangle as desired, or even adjusting it manually.
* Add solid borders of a customizable color.
* Distort the image.
New in Resize Sense 1.3.1:
* High resolution Retina Display support. Fixed some important functionality such as cropping and mouse selection in Image Browser
* Fix: importing and some other image operations could be slowed down on Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
* The main window layout is now user-configurable
* Remembers the Image Browser thumbnail size after relaunching
* Minor user interface improvements and bug fixes
“Resize Sense 1.3 is a simple app that does some complex things in a relatively intuitive way. The program provides excellent user documentation to guide you to exactly the setting you need. If you have to resize or crop single or batches of images on a regular basis, you’ll be glad to leave the heavy lifting to Resize Sense.”
“Resize Sense is an all-in-one batch resizer and cropping tool that will save both time and tedious labor in getting one image – or hundreds of images – to exactly the right size for webpages, email, and layouts.”
– Jackie Dove, Macworld senior editor.
“Congratulation for your software, after long search this is the more flexible, powerful and stable.”
– Carlo Vigiani, Viggiosoft.
“It has been so long since I was looking for an app that would allow me to make image resizing fast and flexible. I evaluated many applications but all have limitations, and at the end I had to use a script in Automator. I finally found this application, which is the best in its kind. This software does one thing: resize batches of images, but it does so in an excellent manner and with a high degree of customization.”
“Highly recommended, the amount requested is absolutely adequate and pays for itself in 30 minutes of tedious manual labor saved.”
– Pendolare, Resize Sense user (review on the Mac App Store Italy, translated from Italian).
“I bought this app a couple of days ago and am finding it great…. Resizing images has ceased to be a chore. The layout couldn’t be simpler, all on the one screen, very easy to organise you work. I really like the ability to resize to various dimensions all at the same time. Great price and really fast.”
– lensable, Resize Sense user (review on the Mac App Store Ireland).
“I recently bought your app and I must say that after many, many, many trials of similar software, yours is the best for my massive bulk resizing. Simply, fast and careful.”
– Eddie, Resize Sense user.
“Image resizing and cropping works very well and the app has a nice tidy interface that is easy to learn. I work in a medical industry where I need to be able to reprocess image folders containing hundreds of images and crop them to remove identifiers or technical data. I can do this in a matter of seconds using Resize Sense without the need of employing big cumbersome apps that consume a lot of system resources. Working with family photos is also a breeze. Well done of a very neat app.”
– MartinN2067, Resize Sense user (review on the Mac App Store).
“Professional tool for a good price. Nice features, quite easy to use if you understand some basics.”
– pp3920, Resize Sense user (review on the Mac App Store).
Resize Sense 1.3.1 requires a 64-bit Intel-based Apple computer with Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later. Resize Sense 1.2.0 and earlier versions also work on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard).
Pricing and Availability:
A trial version of Resize Sense (with disabled results saving) is freely available for download at the application webpage. The current price is 8.9 Euro. The license can be purchased at the download page. Resize Sense is also available on the Mac App Store.
VeprIT is a bootstrapped software company based in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands, founded in the beginning of 2011. VeprIT develops its own products and provides custom software development services. Currently VeprIT offers image/photo editing software products for Mac OS and iOS. These products aim at hiding all the image processing complexity behind a very simple and intuitive user interface. VeprIT also offers custom software development and consulting services focusing on Mac OS, iOS, and embedded systems. Copyright (C) 2011-2012 VeprIT. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.