Xi’An, China – G-Power today is pleased to announce Voice Secretary 4.2: Pocket Assistant with Voice Reminders for iOS, an update to their popular business app that allows users to record their own voice as a reminder, which can be easily scheduled to be played back as an audible alert on a specified date, at a selected time. Featuring background recording and playback, there is no limit to the number of reminders that can be recorded or their scheduling as alerts. Audio reminders may be emailed from within the app, and the update includes a Nag feature, which will repeat the reminder up to 15 times at intervals of 1 to 30 minutes. New in this update are the ability to sync voice-reminder events with iOS Calendar, backup and restore via Wi-Fi, and full support for iPhone 5 and iOS 6. The top app of its kind, it has been listed in “What’s Hot” in Business apps in 20 App Stores, including China, France, Russia, and the UK.
* Timesaving – just launch the app, record, and set the playback alert time
* Auto reminding – receive reminders even when offline or working in other apps
* Easy to add reminders – click the big button, shake the iDevice or start the recording by proximity sensor
* Email reminders – send voice reminders to friends and family via email
* Support for recording in the background
* 30 different, pre-recorded alert sounds
* Time delay function – set a default interval to eliminate setting a playback alert time
* Backup and sync – backup audio data to a computer, Dropbox, or iTunes via Wi-Fi, and sync voice files in Dropbox and iTunes
* Nag – a voice secretary who will remind you repeatedly, so you will never again miss a meeting
* Support for multiple languages – U.S. English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
* Dozens of reminder sounds – Choose your favorite reminder sound out of 30 ringtones or a custom recording
* Sync voice-reminder events with iOS Calendar
* Backup and restore via Wi-Fi
* Full support for iPhone 5 and iOS 6
* Security guaranteed – optional passcode lock on the app
To-dos come to mind throughout the day, and there is no more convenient way of capturing them than by voice recording. A voice memo can contain much more detail than a text memo, simply because iDevices are relatively inefficient at text input. Voice Secretary lets users record short or long reminders, save them, and schedule them as alerts, faster and more accurately than reminders input via keyboard. And reminders are stored in both list and calendar formats for easy review, editing, or deletion.
Creating a voice reminder in Voice Secretary is accomplished in three easy steps. First, tap the red Record button. An LCD audio-level meter is activated during recording. When finished, tap the red button again to end recording. Second, tap one of two available Save buttons, Save As a Reminder or Save as a Voice Note. Third, if the saved audio is a Reminder, spin the picker to set the date and time for playback. Reminders can be set to repeat at any time – minutes, hours, days, weeks, or months after the initial Reminder has been delivered. With support for operation in the background, the app does not need to be open to automatically play back scheduled reminders.
Also included is a Quick Reminder feature, which permits the user to select any one of 16 different presets (In 5 Minutes to This Time Next Week) as their default alarm setting. This Quick Reminder feature eliminates the need for the user to specify the date and time that their recently recorded memo will be automatically played back as an audible alert. The app includes 30 different reminder voices and sounds, which can signal the upcoming playback of the recording.
Voice Secretary also includes a variety of optional features, such as shake initiated start or stop recording, vibrate iDevice prior to playback, password protection, built-in tutorial, iPhone proximity sensor starts and stops recording, recording back-up and restore via Wi-Fi, sync to Dropbox, sync to Calendar, and snooze control to repeat an alert later.
“With Voice Secretary, you will never miss any important meeting or event, even when you are engaged in business or driving a car,” commented Hellen Steven of G-Power. “It works full-time, as your personal secretary. Everything is readily available, even when the app is turned off. It’s an amazing app, especially for those who find it hard to organize their schedules successfully.”
* English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later (iOS 6 tested)
* 13.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Voice Secretary 4.2 is $3.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Business category. Review copies are available on request. A free version is also available on the App Store. Voice Secretary is also available for Android.
Based in Tianjin, China, G-Power was founded by Prince Ge and David Chen in 2010. G-Power is a development studio whose aim is to develop better apps that make people’s lives simpler and improve productivity. Copyright (C) 2010-2012 G-Power. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.