GeoEmpires for iPhone – App Review
If you’re into geo location based games, GeoEmpires is definitely the next on to check off your list.
GeoEmpires transforms your surrounding into a game that you can play via a map, some friends and some spare time. What happens is a specific area that you reside in, is divided into map squares. Picture the map tiles that are loaded individually in Google Maps on the iPhone when you have a really slow internet connection. Except much smaller. Basically, each individual who is playing the game is responsible for physically travelling through these map tiles and conquering territories. The more land you have, the more earnings you can salvage from bypassing traffic. If someone walks in your area, you get paid, and they lose money. The opposite is also true if you walk on someone else’s land. The basic principle of the game then, is to conquer as much land as possible. You can also hunt down randomly positioned treasures for some extra bonuses.
The overall feel and graphics of the game is undeniably awesome. The UI is really clean, easy to use and looks very nice. The only thing I found from the very beginning is an unbelievable amount of spelling and grammar errors. I understand that has nothing to do with game play, but you would thing that someone would at least read over the texts and extra time. Another downside is that unless you’re located in a “popular” area, there aren’t that many people to play with as of June 2012. Perhaps if it was filled with people constantly conquering land, it would be interesting but for everyone who is secluded from any real action may find the game a little uneventful. Other then that, everything is great and more people should definitely start playing to make the experience better for everyone.
Check out GeoEmpires for iPhone on the App Store!
Follow Us On
By OBREAKSL penny stocks to watch
- Professional-grade portrait touch ups with Visage Lab for iOS
- Explore virtually unlimited music possibilites with Music Tubee for iOS
- Looking for college books? Check out CollegeBooks for iPhone
- Bored? Kill some time with Smashing Egg Tido for iOS
- Check out this cool Unity-powered 3D role playing game called Axe and Fate
- Take control of your Windows computer with your Android device with Windows Controller
- Challenge your brain with fun and addictive mini-games in TouchMii for iPhone
- Keep your documents on the iPhone safe with Scan and Protect!
- The Max in Poker Enjoyment is available with 888poker Mobile HD
- Tickle your brain with this awesome puzzle game for iPhone
- Check out this extraordinarily difficult, yet extremely addicting puzzel game for Android
- Create and edit your spreadsheets in style with Permanent for iPad
- Wake up & stay in touch with the world with Clock Weather News for iPhone!
- Discrete and private messaging with iDelete for iPhone
- Share your photo memories in style with Picerty for iPhone
Tagsandroid android app android game android review app application appoday app review appshrink blackberry CCleaner command featured free game review giveaway giveaways images infographic ipad ipad app ipad game ipad review iphone iphone app iphone game iphone review ipod lifetopix mac app mac review news organizer os x panorama press release promo code promo codes review submit app submit press release terminal tips touch tweaks