Gliph for iPhone – App Review
Have you ever been in a situation where you weren’t sure about giving away your contact information? Its not like you could just take it back after you’ve given away, right? Well, with Gliph for iPhone, things are about to change.
If you’ve ever been in a situation like that, you know that once your phone number is given away, you have lost complete control of what will happen to it. That can be a very uneasy feeling and can ultimately prevent many great communications if the fear of giving away your phone number is always there. Gliph changes everything. Gliph is an app for your iPhone that takes over your phone number for the sole purpose of keeping it secure. It doesn’t actually use your phone number in any way, but is rather a substitute for it. Instead of giving away your number, you simply give the stranger your Gliph. Now, what is Gliph exactly? Its essentially a tool used for communicating with someone without the need for disclosing personal contact information. In fact, you have the option to choose what information you do want to disclose, and that can be as limited as your first name. Simply exchange your Gliph “address” or pin number (its almost like a BBM number, except all in strange characters). The concept is actually quite unique. Instead of exchanging a random number like a BBM, you will have a unique set of characters that resemble everyday objects like an airplane, dic, mushroom and 17 others. There are 20 characters to choose from to create your unique set of 5. After you’ve picked out your unique identification, you can share it with others to stay in touch. And you never have to give away any personal information.
Gliph is a great idea. The only problem I have with it, is that it can be extremely difficult to remember a set of 5 characters in precise order. Unless you have 5 exact same characters, it can be very difficult to come up with a unique set that you can remember. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, because this ID can always be found inside the app, unless of course you log out and then forget. Either way, Gliph is a great idea that needs further experimentation and feedback from actual users, but it has lots of potential and I’m looking forward to seeing what it can come up with in the future.
Check out Gliph for iPhone on the App Store!
Follow Us On
By PDGACO payday loans
- Magazines the way they were meant to be on the iPad with Readr
- Professional-grade portrait touch ups with Visage Lab for iOS
- Explore virtually unlimited music possibilites with Music Tubee for iOS
- Looking for college books? Check out CollegeBooks for iPhone
- Bored? Kill some time with Smashing Egg Tido for iOS
- Check out this cool Unity-powered 3D role playing game called Axe and Fate
- Take control of your Windows computer with your Android device with Windows Controller
- Challenge your brain with fun and addictive mini-games in TouchMii for iPhone
- Keep your documents on the iPhone safe with Scan and Protect!
- The Max in Poker Enjoyment is available with 888poker Mobile HD
- Tickle your brain with this awesome puzzle game for iPhone
- Check out this extraordinarily difficult, yet extremely addicting puzzel game for Android
- Create and edit your spreadsheets in style with Permanent for iPad
- Wake up & stay in touch with the world with Clock Weather News for iPhone!
- Discrete and private messaging with iDelete for iPhone
Tagsandroid android app android game android review app application appoday app review appshrink blackberry CCleaner command featured free game review giveaway giveaways images infographic ipad ipad app ipad game ipad review iphone iphone app iphone game iphone review ipod lifetopix mac app mac review news organizer os x panorama press release promo code promo codes review submit app submit press release terminal tips touch tweaks