HotDoc for iPad – App Review
There are tons of file managers out there for iPad. And the real question to answer when comparing various file managers is the following: Is it really better then Goodreader?
If you’re into file management on your iOS devices, chances are that you’re familiar with a few on the market. The primary competition of any file manager out there is Goodreader. So lets take a look at HotDoc and see how it stands up to one of the best. HotDoc has a relatively easy-going, simple design for the most part. It features several importing features, including cloud services like Dropbox, iCloud and many other accounts like AOL, Hotmail, 1&1, Rreenet, Arcor and a few more. There are some options here that Goodreader doesn’t have, but then again, it does have more options for cloud storage like Google Drive and Box. You can also transfer files via WiFi. If you’re familiar with WebDAV then you know what I’m talking about, if not, all you need to know is that you can type in an address in your web browser and upload files directly to your iPad. Both Goodreader and HotDoc have this feature. Both apps also allow for simple .txt file generation. Both apps also have PDF annotation features. What HotDoc doesn’t have is the ability to .zip and unzip files, which I find extremely useful especially when sending medium sized, source code-type files over email. In my opinion, this is one of the most useful features of a file manager on iOS.
Overall, HotDoc for iPad does serve many of the basic features of a file manager on the iPad, however, I did find that it was somewhat difficult to use and despite its claim of being ergonomic, I had trouble doing certain tasks because intuitively it was different then it was implement by HotDoc. For example when annotating a PDF, creating a note will produce a pop-up with text written on it and an (X) in the top left. You would be forgiven for thinking that an (X) will delete the note, but no. Apparently you must tap and drag on the (X) to move the note and tapping it will minimize the note rather then delete it. Just a small example, but there are a few like that. With some tweaking, I’m sure that HotDoc for iPad can be improved even more.
Check out HotDoc for iPad on the App Store!
Follow Us On
Crucial Elements Of payday loans online direct lenders Basic Ideas
- Professional-grade portrait touch ups with Visage Lab for iOS
- Explore virtually unlimited music possibilites with Music Tubee for iOS
- Looking for college books? Check out CollegeBooks for iPhone
- Bored? Kill some time with Smashing Egg Tido for iOS
- Check out this cool Unity-powered 3D role playing game called Axe and Fate
- Take control of your Windows computer with your Android device with Windows Controller
- Challenge your brain with fun and addictive mini-games in TouchMii for iPhone
- Keep your documents on the iPhone safe with Scan and Protect!
- The Max in Poker Enjoyment is available with 888poker Mobile HD
- Tickle your brain with this awesome puzzle game for iPhone
- Check out this extraordinarily difficult, yet extremely addicting puzzel game for Android
- Create and edit your spreadsheets in style with Permanent for iPad
- Wake up & stay in touch with the world with Clock Weather News for iPhone!
- Discrete and private messaging with iDelete for iPhone
- Share your photo memories in style with Picerty for iPhone
Tagsandroid android app android game android review app application appoday app review appshrink blackberry CCleaner command featured free game review giveaway giveaways images infographic ipad ipad app ipad game ipad review iphone iphone app iphone game iphone review ipod lifetopix mac app mac review news organizer os x panorama press release promo code promo codes review submit app submit press release terminal tips touch tweaks