SketchStorm for iPad – App Review
You’re an iPad owner and a creative guru (or so you think), and sometimes you wish that you can have multiple apps open at the same time in order to facilitate creative ideas without focusing on opening the app switcher and flipping between apps. Now you can do just that with SketchStorm.
SketchStorm is a unique concept I’ve never encountered on the App Store. The majority of the screen is comprised of the sketching portion. Here, you’re free to do what you like with your finger or your stylus. Whatever works best. You have a full color palette at your disposal and full control over brush size. This is minimalistic on purpose to avoid getting caught up in technical abilities and simplify the creative process. This is a brainstorming app, so the less thing distracting you from doing that, the better. Now the fun part. On the left of the screen, you have three sections. Starting from the top left you have the image display section, then the search and finally the map. While sketching, you can simultaneously search for images via the menu at the bottom, tap on an image that inspires you and it will be placed in this top left section of the screen. While you sketch, you have the image for reference if you need it. This is very handy. Just as easily you can use the search section to search good for anything. Its essentially a mini browser that you can also use for reference as you sketch. Now, the map. This can be useful for virtually infinite number of reasons. The result is a screen with four neatly divided sections to help you brainstorm the craziest of ideas.
All in all, its great. Although there are minor graphical details that can use some improvement, overall the idea and presentation of the app more or less trumps everything else. What you have here is a one of a kind brainstorming app that takes multitasking on the iPad to a whole new level. Granted, its not the best looking, but then again, its not meant to be. Its supposed to be productive, and that, it very much is.
Check out SketchStorm for iPad on the App Store!
Follow Us On
- iStoryTime Library now available on the App Store!
- Prank friends with dreadful sounds using Sounds Grate
- Explore the 3D world of WeeWaa RockOn for iOS
- Check an extraordinarily simple game called PostHarvest for iOS
- Most Helpful and Interesting Educational Apps
- The best iOS map measuring experience with Map Calculator for iOS
- Boggle your mind with Takuzu for iOS
- Make money by taking photos on the iPhone with Clashot
- Little Chomp for iOS & Android gets even better with 3 new leaderboards
- Looking for a mobile survey app? Check out SurveyToGo for Android
- Explore an entirely new approach to presentation with Present Perfect for iOS
- Juniper Network’s Security Expert Certification Exam
- Magazines the way they were meant to be on the iPad with Readr
- Professional-grade portrait touch ups with Visage Lab for iOS
- Explore virtually unlimited music possibilites with Music Tubee for iOS
Tagsandroid android app android game android review app application appoday app review appshrink blackberry CCleaner command featured free game review giveaway giveaways images infographic ipad ipad app ipad game ipad review iphone iphone app iphone game iphone review ipod lifetopix mac app mac review news organizer os x panorama press release promo code promo codes review submit app submit press release terminal tips touch tweaks