The Essential PC Cleaning App
If you are a PC user, for whatever reason that may be, you have a lot to worry about. We’re not talking about the incapabilities of terribly built Windows Vista or the irritating sporadic freezing and crashing that occurs on a regular basis. In fact, if you are not a computer techie you have probably wondered why this happens and how you can reduce the number of times you bang your head on the wall because your latest work-in-progress has been sacrificed to the blue screen of death.
The answer is CCleaner by Piriform. And no, you will not have to complete 3 online offers and reveal your credit card information in order to get a free trial. Its free. So what does this CCleaner do, you’re wondering? CCleaner has a few very useful, might even say essential, features every PC user should take advantage of. Among many, the two most useful are the simple cleaner, and the registry cleaner. Simple cleaner, as I like to call it, scans your hard drive and locates random, useless, and abandoned files that have been left over from applications, your Internet browsing and many other PC endeavours. It then forms a nice list of files it would like to erase and gives you the option to “Run Cleaner”.
The second most useful feature in CCleaner is the registry scan. If you don’t know what a registry is and how it functions within Windows – don’t worry about it. There’s no need to clutter your brain with even more problems. All you need to know is that the registry is essential to most running applications and it has a tendency to get messy over time. What CCleaner does is scan the registry for errors and unneeded entries and present you with a convenient list that you can once again clean, just like with the simple cleaner I mentioned earlier. You also have the option to back-up your changes to the registry.
CCleaner has many other features or “Tools” as they are called. It gives you the ability to uninstall applications (essentially the same as Add/Remove Programs), change your start-up list (a list of applications that are automatically launches when your computer boots), system restore and driver wiper. Although these futures can prove to be useful, the two main ways described above will help you maintain a healthier running machine.
Follow Us On
- iStoryTime Library now available on the App Store!
- Prank friends with dreadful sounds using Sounds Grate
- Explore the 3D world of WeeWaa RockOn for iOS
- Check an extraordinarily simple game called PostHarvest for iOS
- Most Helpful and Interesting Educational Apps
- The best iOS map measuring experience with Map Calculator for iOS
- Boggle your mind with Takuzu for iOS
- Make money by taking photos on the iPhone with Clashot
- Little Chomp for iOS & Android gets even better with 3 new leaderboards
- Looking for a mobile survey app? Check out SurveyToGo for Android
- Explore an entirely new approach to presentation with Present Perfect for iOS
- Juniper Network’s Security Expert Certification Exam
- Magazines the way they were meant to be on the iPad with Readr
- Professional-grade portrait touch ups with Visage Lab for iOS
- Explore virtually unlimited music possibilites with Music Tubee for iOS
Tagsandroid android app android game android review app application appoday app review appshrink blackberry CCleaner command featured free game review giveaway giveaways images infographic ipad ipad app ipad game ipad review iphone iphone app iphone game iphone review ipod lifetopix mac app mac review news organizer os x panorama press release promo code promo codes review submit app submit press release terminal tips touch tweaks