Wellington, New Zealand – Freeridecoding today presents DraftCode 1.1, a new version of its iPad PHP IDE with built in code execution. PHP is a widely used open-source server-side scripting language designed to create dynamic Web pages and WebApps.
Take developing new ideas for your website into the creative and casual habit field of the iPad, or start to learn PHP without having to interact with a server. DraftCode lets you write, run and debug PHP right on your iPad using built-in standard PHP 5.4.10 and support for a variety of PHP extensions.
Besides just interpreting PHP, DraftCode includes a full featured runtime that supports running real world WebApps. DraftCode’s runtime supports everything you would expect from a webserver: Sessions, cookies, redirects and handling of POST or GET forms.
Structure your HTML, CSS and PHP files in DraftCode’s easy to use and navigatable file/folder workspace. Execute any PHP or HTML file in the workspace and view the output rendered in Mobile Safari or as raw HTML code for debugging purposes.
DraftCode features a minimalist, non-interfering and easy to use interface, including light/dark editor themes and an extended keyboard with code shortcuts and snippets.
* Built-in standard PHP 5.4.10
* Supports many PHP extensions like MySQL, SQLite3, PDO, ZIP, OpenSSL and more
* Runtime supporting sessions, cookies, redirects, POST/GET forms and apps consisting of multiple PHP pages
* Preview of rendered HTML or raw HTML output
* Easy to use workspace with folder support
* Easy to use and clutter free interface
* Extended keyboard with shortcuts and snippets to simplify coding
* Support to import image resources from the camera roll or photo library
* Hardware keyboard support
* Support to send files to other iPad Apps
DraftCode is continuously improved and updated to support a growing number of PHP extensions and improve the execution and debugging environment with additional features.
New in 1.1:
* New Runtime supporting sessions, cookies and redirects
* Support for server variables as you would expect on a real webserver
* Support for 127.0.0.1 and localhost links
* Interface changes improving PHP error reviewing and highlighting
* New included PHP extensions: PDO and mbstring
* Many general improvements and bugfixes
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later (Supports iOS 7)
* 10.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
DraftCode 1.1 is available for $8.99 USD in the App Store in the Productivity category.
Located in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand, Freeridecoding is a privately held company founded in 2005 by Thomas Bauer. With a focus on the Mac and iOS platform, Thomas founded Freeridecoding with the intention of developing unique and user-friendly applications. Copyright 2005-2013 Freeridecoding. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.