Stockholm, Sweden – Dev4Phone today announces the launch of Ear Trainer 2.0, a significant upgrade to the very popular and well received Ear Trainer. This version brings many new exiting features and is a free upgrade to existing customers.
Some of the new features in 2.0:
* Brand new UI
* Note view on both iPad and iPhone
* New instruments
* New exercises
Ear Trainer is an application for the iPhone, iPad and iPhone Touch designed to help train your musical ear. Ear Trainer is aimed at musicians, music students and anyone interested in musical theory and improving their musical ear. Ear Trainer includes lessons and exercises for interval comparison, interval identification, chord identification, chord inversion, chord progressions, scales and relative pitch.
Exercise levels range from beginner to very advanced. As a beginner, Ear Trainer will guide you and recommend exercises to help you gradually improve your skills. More advanced users can focus on different areas of the application or select to start training at a higher level.
Each exercise is preceded by a short introduction which explains its intent as well as shows, and plays, an example on the app’s virtual piano. This gives the user a better understanding of the meaning behind each particular lesson before they start.
When an exercise is complete the users’ statistics are saved allowing them to track their progress and easily return to areas that need more training. Ear Trainer indicates when a user is ready to move on to the next lesson.
What separates Ear Trainer from similar apps?
* A wide range of exercise. Other apps usually have only one of Ear Trainer’s many lesson types (interval comparison or relative pitch.) Ear Trainer offers a more complete training package with 170 individual, randomly created, exercises in eight different categories.
* Learning technology. The virtual piano and notes view offers a visual perspective of what is played and the meaning behind each lesson.
* “Personal Ear Trainer”. Ear Trainer guides you and instructs you when you’re ready to continue on to new lessons based on your results.
* Studio quality sound – and a virtual piano you can play!
Pricing and Availability:
Ear Trainer 2.0 is available today in the App Store, for $6.99 (£3.99 UK), as a universal application for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
dev4phone is a company run by two developers and musicians in Stockholm, Sweden. Between the two of us we have over 25 years experience developing applications and solutions for a wide range of platforms. We are driven by the goal to make the apps we ourselves want and to make our apps as good as we possible can. Copyright (C) 2012 dev4phone. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.