Munich, Germany – Zuhanden GmbH, a developer of productivity apps with more than 4 million downloads, has announced that Files United App will be free for a limited time. Everybody knows the problem: thousands of images, songs, or documents are scattered across a variety of cloud storage services, hard drives, computers, and mobile devices. Overview? Quick access? No chance!
Files United elegantly solves this problem by offering a central hub for all files, no matter where they are located. Along with the integrated document viewer, which supports standard Microsoft Office documents and PDFs, the app also features built-in players for audio files, images and videos. Even ZIP files can be opened or created with no trouble. Security-conscious users can enable the integrated password function to protect their private content as well as business documents.
In addition to local storage, Files United integrates seamlessly with the most popular cloud services, such as Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, Box.com, Skydrive, and SugarSync. It is even possible to access external FTP servers. Thus, large image and video files can be accessed via smartphone or tablet, without having to worry about running out of storage space on the iPhone or iPad.
In a nutshell the main features are:
* Content manager for seamless access to all digital content, no matter where it is stored
* Supported file formats: E.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, images, web files, audio, video, and Zip files
* Cross-platform use: file sharing between iPhone, iPad, Mac, and even Windows PC
* Access to external cloud storage servers such as Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, Box.com, Skydrive, and SugarSync
* Supports the following connection protocols: SMB, FTP, and WebDav
* Universal app for iPhone and iPad and companion app for Mac
* Specially developed for iOS 7
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 8.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
For a limited time, Files United 1.3.1 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. The Mac version is also free for a limited time.
Zuhanden GmbH was founded in May 2010 as a mobile app development company based in Munich, Germany. In September 2013 we surpassed 4,000,000 app downloads. Zuhanden is a term borrowed from the German philosopher Martin Heidegger and can be translated by “ready-at-hand.” In our interpretation this means to develop apps that are purposeful, simple and contextual. Zuhanden GmbH was founded by Hans Koenig. Hans holds an MSc in Information Systems from the London School of Economics. He previously worked in technology consulting as well as private equity. Copyright (C) 2010-2014 Zuhanden GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.