Portland, Oregon – Learning French is easier and more convenient than ever with the new Livres Audio French audiobook app from Inkstone Mobile. iPhone users can enjoy access to over 1,180 free French audiobooks, including adaptations of classic novels, short stories and poems.
Learn the proper pronunciation and intonation of the French language from native speakers while doing everyday activities and household chores. Speed up or slow down the audio playback to better enhance study and increase comprehension.
“When learning to speak French, it is typically difficult to keep up with a native speaker. We developed Livres Audio with French students in mind,” says Patrick Thompson, founder of Inkstone Mobile. “We have fine-tuned the playback feature to adjust the speed of speech without altering the pitch. For instance, beginners can slow down a reading to better navigate the proper pronunciation, while a more advanced speaker can speed it up for a greater challenge.”
Livres Audio offers the same features as other popular Inkstone Mobile apps, including a sleep timer for listening before bed and high quality audio playback. The app also features Inkstone’s signature user interface with easy navigation and a sleek audioplayer that allows you to download books over wi-fi and play them back anywhere.
Download Livres Audio today and enjoy:
* A sophisticated player with simple controls to skip forward and back, bookmark, or set sleep timers
* Controls to speed up or slow down the playback in 40 increments without altering pitch
* Easy search functions to discover the most-read books from a variety of well-known authors
* Leave bookmarks and notes to come back to your favorite parts of the selection, or to review pronunciation of a particularly tricky section
* Download in advance and listen anywhere. No network connection necessary
Livres Audio supports English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish languages.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 17.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Livres Audio 1.0.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category.
Based in Portland, Oregon, Inkstone Mobile is an independent software development company founded by Patrick Thompson. Combining a strong blend of design and development skills, Inkstone Mobile’s passion is to craft elegant, easy-to-use applications for mobile devices. Copyright (C) 2013 Inkstone Mobile. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.