Vancouver, Canada – Alegre Software has just released Budgeteer(TM) for the Apple Macintosh, an entirely novelway to keep tabs of your personal finances. Budgeteer combines the functions of a spreadsheet and a calendar into one tool to allow users to conveniently keep track of their day-to-day running balance up to a year into the future. This format provides users the ability to identify cash flow issues well down the road and make necessary adjustments to their finances well before it becomes an issue.
Budgeteer is a great “what-if” tool to test the impact of major purchases to your bottom line, allowing you to adjust income and expenses amounts and dates on the fly directly in Budgeteer’s calendar to see at a glance what effect those transactions will have to your balance on any given day. Note that Budgeteer is not intended to be used to keep track of one’s finances to the penny on a long term basis, but its strength is that it will give a valuable overview of one’s projected cash flow health so that financial choke points can be identified and planned for.
Some Features of Budgeteer:
* Enter income and expense items either as a one-off item or with any common interval (daily, weekly, bi-weekly, 4-weekly, or monthly). Budgeteer will automatically enter the item into all the appropriate future dates in its calendar.
* Set recurring items to skip weekends and/or bank holidays, similar to what a bank would do when crediting or debiting your account.
* U.S. and Canadian bank holidays are built into Budgeteer, but any holiday set can be entered by the user for any other country or jurisdiction.
* Budgeteer automatically extends its internal database and continues to insert recurring items previously entered in order to always maintain a one-year financial projection capability.
* Because it may not be practical to keep Budgeteer completely up to date on an on-going basis with all your debit and credit entries, a useful feature is built in to allow starting afresh from the current day forward. Simply select “Reset Running Balance”, enter your bank balance for the current day (or the previous day if you want to keep the current day’s entries intact), and begin entering items from that day forward.
* Export entered data into a comma-delimited text file to import it into a spreadsheet for further manipulation.
* Print the calendar as it appears on screen, in letter size landscape format, in black and white or color, from one month back to one year into the future.
* Daily running balances can be set to display in red when they dip below a pre-determined level of your choosing, for visual emphasis.
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* G4 Processor, 1GHz or faster
* 38.8 MB Hard Drive space
Budgeteer is available as a fully functioning free demo that can be downloaded from Alegre Software online. After the 30 day period, data entry will be disabled unit payment is made and the registration code entered.
Alegre Software is a software company based in Vancouver, Canada which was founded in 2003. Alegre Software is dedicated to developing useful and low cost utilities for the Apple Macintosh. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013 Alegre Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.