London, United Kingdom – Digital Heaven today is proud to announced the release of Disksomnia 4.0, the popular utility that stops disks from going to sleep. Waiting for sleeping disks to wake up can be a frustrating experience for DJs, video/audio editors, musicians, and motion graphics designers who frequently work with media files located on multiple disks.
First released in 2008, version 4.0 has been completely rewritten to give easier access to current status and preferences. Disksomnia has a negligible overhead so system performance will not be affected and works seamlessly in the background to ensure no disks doze off, including those which ignore Energy Saver preferences.
* New! Rewritten as a menu bar app so you can see when Disksomnia is active
* New! Abiity to adjust how frequently disks are kept awake (between 5 and 999 seconds)
* New! Visual countdown until the next ‘poke’ to selected disks
* Select which disks are kept awake
* Keep selected disks awake at all times or only when selected applications are running
* Mac OS X 10.7.3 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion or 10.9 Mavericks
* 2.8 MB
Pricing and availability:
Disksomnia 4.0 costs $9.99 (USD) and available for immediate purchase from the Mac App Store in the Utilities category.
Purchase and Download (MAS)
Digital Heaven was initially founded in 2000 as a post production facility by former BBC video editor Martin Baker. After the success of their first software products, the company changed its focus to exclusively concentrate on software development. In total, 22 Final Cut Plug-ins, 6 Final Cut Effects, 7 applications and 2 eBooks have been added to the product range. Copyright (C) 2014 Digital Heaven. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.