Seattle, Washington – BeeDocs today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Timeline 3D for Mac (v5), a significant update to their award-winning timeline software for Mac OS X. Completely redesigned for OS X Yosemite, Timeline 3D provides a new interface to support the creation of larger and more complex timelines. Timeline 3D helps present chronologies and historical events in full screen and with a 3D perspective.
“Timeline 3D is an app that every teacher, educator, writer, or presenter should check out out, because it is a quick and simple way to make well designed multimedia timelines that can be shared at meetings, in classrooms, and more,” says reviewer Juli of Pad Gadget. “You won’t find a better solution than Timeline 3D. And trust me, you almost certainly have a need for this, from creating a timeline of a vacation to explaining an event to a group of students. There are so many uses for this app!” (23 Jan 2013)
Users can begin creating timeline charts of world history, family trees, fictional stories, business deadlines, or other multimedia projects with Timeline 3D by simply adding an event by pressing the (+) button. Users can include an embedded image, movie, or PDF file by using drag-and-drop. Additional media is automatically resized based on the presentation medium. Timeline 3D also supports the inclusion of notes and web links to timelines and allows users to categorize events with colors codes and tags.
“Timeline 3D is a powerful and complete tool for “drawing” and viewing events, historical facts, connections and relationships.” says Dave Hattey of Mac Informer, which awarded Timeline 3D their Editor’s Pick Award. Timeline 3D has also been recognized with an Apple Design Award.
* Designed for Mac OS X Yosemite
* Present timelines full screen and with 3D perspective
* Add images, movies, or PDFs to events
* Quickly enter events with dates and times in any global format
* Include optional information such as notes and web links
* Choose from different background themes
* Categorize events with color codes and tags
* Import timelines from previous versions of Timeline 3D and Easy Timeline
“(Timeline 3D) helps a student create a polished timeline for a project,” Gordon Shupe of Appo Learning reviewed. “More than that, its interface is easy to use, edit, and publish. The app also has mirroring capability that allows the presenter to see the timeline on their phone while projecting from or presenting from another device if they chose. Students will love the app because it”s easy and fun to use, and the final product looks equally cool as it is presented in 3-D.”
In addition to its completely redesigned interface, there have been several upgrades and new features added to the latest version of Timeline 3D. These new features include:
* Optimized interface and timeline presentations for retina displays
* Auto-save and versioning added
* Smarter date parsing
* Ability to manually control font and image sizes replaced by auto-layout
* “Allow Information Hiding” intelligently trims notes and media to keep the text readable on complex timelines
* Date range formatting for international dates
* Ability to have a timeline localization different from system’s localization
* Ability to separate themes for screen display and printing
* Printing uses font weights instead of alpha shading for crisp text
* Movie, slideshow, and image sequence export sizes up to 4k
* 3D timelines can be displayed within a window (or full screen)
* Improved lighting and animations in 3D mode
* Images, PDFs, and movies can be zoomed to full screen during a presentation
* Ability to click an event in a 2D presentation to zoom into it with a 3D twist
Timeline 3D provides a host of additional features that are available for in-app purchase, either individually or in bulk. Users can print timelines on a single page, formatted for their specified paper size. Timelines can also be exported and shared as a PDF file or a slideshow that can be viewed in Powerpoint and Keynote. Animated timelines at sizes up to 4K can be exported as movies from Timeline 3D. Timeline 3D also features advanced browser technology with WebGL that allows users to export and publish interactive 3D timelines to their websites.
“Timeline 3D is the simplest and easiest way to create beautiful multimedia timelines,” says Adam Behringer, founder of BeeDocs. “Perfect for school, work, or home projects, Timeline 3D uses award-winning visual design to help you understand and present chronologies and historical events in a new and engaging perspective. And it’s so simple to use! Tell your story and wow your audience with interactive motion graphics that let you fly over your timeline with a 3D perspective!”
* OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 14.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Timeline 3D for Mac (v5) is free and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category. The complete set of all professional Timeline 3D features is available as an in-app purchase of $24.99 (USD).
Based in Seattle, Washington, BeeDocs, Inc. is an independent software company that is inspired by its customers. Founded in 2002 by Adam Behringer, BeeDocs focuses on bringing useful and elegant products for the iOS and OS X platforms to life. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 BeeDocs, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.